Chassis Intrussion/a7v133/asus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Intrussion/a7v133/asus

:bounce: I HAVE A PROBLEM !!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    MY MB IS A7V133/ASUS ,AND I OVERCLOCKED IT ,WHEN I TURN IT BACK ON IT WENT STRAIGHT TO THE BIOS AND MESSAGE POP OTU"MESSAGE CONFIRMATIOIN"SOMETHING ABOUT "CHASSIS INTRUSSION...................."
    WHAT SHOULD I DO ,I TRIED TO REBOOT ,STILL DOING THE SAMETHING .I TRIED EVERYTHING....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Never seen anything like that before, but if it has anything to do with the BIOS settings, then you may want to try to reset it.

Just look for the jumper on the board to reset the CMOS values to factory. If this board doesn't have one of these jumpers, then you can just remove the battery for a few minutes and it will force the reset function.

Also... since it is saying something with the chassis, you might double check for a short between the motherboard and the standoffs. Don't know if it will help, but what the heck.

Good luck! :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i've noticed with a few MSI boards that there is a detection to see whether the case is / has been opened or not, and reports it to the user. This can be disabled in CMOS.

Also, some Compaq machines (like the one in front of me at the moment) actually has a little switch that registers when the cover has been pulled off, and alerts the user during boot up..

Comment

Also check the BIOS for an option called "Reset case open status" and set it to true or enabled, could help.

Comment

if the option is disabled in the bois and you still find you have probs with it, but not when the pins are closed, just find a spare jumper and put it over the two pins
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Oh and being an Asus some don't have the jumper or pins but instead have 2 solder pads that need to be bridged. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Undo the overclocking. Reset the bios by shorting the appropriate pins on the mobo.

Comment

"Oh and being an Asus some don't have the jumper or pins but instead have 2 solder pads that need to be bridged"

True, the A7V133 doesnt have the jumper. But the remove the battery method a previous poster mentioned is much easier.

Comment

Working...
                X