The Event of last year :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Event of last year :)

For all those that remember this, good. For those that don't, even better.

Finally scrapped together some time and put together a very quick and scrappy video as a teaser for the event, which is still actually coming.

Anyone who is interested can download the 'How to remove a heatsink' teaser from <a href="http://www.tweaktown.com/downloads/beefyevent_01.avi" target="_blank">here</a> (5.5MB). Like I said, it's crappy quality but will be much improved on the full version. Feedback is welcome.

Also thanks to Birdkiller and a couple of the guys for helping me 'shoot' the video.

heh took ya time :p
    also, when i try to play past part 2, the video freezes but the audio keeps going...
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

w00t
      w00t

if video freezes you need to upgrade yer divx codec, at http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX505Bundle.exe

Comment

Sorry but I got too bored waitin' for it m8. :devil win

Comment

Well, that's one way to fix the heat sink.... what the heck were you hitting it with... Sounded like a kids cap gun.

:shoot2:

Comment

.22 and shotgun

crappy camera mic doesnt do the sounds any favours

Comment

Might have to re-record gun sounds... or just put some others in. :)

Then again, the other videos had some nice sounds...

Comment

*waits for it to dl.....*

bout freeking time
                TT Original

Comment

that was a waste of 5mb.... 27sec... dude... i've seen 5mb mpegs last 3+ min in same quality!
                  TT Original

Comment

that's good Olie. I'm glad.

Comment

In the eyes of this reviewer, the long-anticipated release of this short film was nothing short of completely fulfilling.

The dialouge was poignant and delivered with an intensity that will surely set the world of independent filmmakers afire.

The wind howling in the background was brilliant in itself, giving a remarkably effective apocalyptic tone to the entire production.

The setting of the film was perfection, semi-barren rock-strewn ground with a liberal sprinkling of spindly grass some of which has gone to seed captures the computer hardware industry in a light that is nothing short of insightful on a grand level.

From the opening fade-in this production raced headlong into the plot with little need for character introduction and other useless chaff that has become so ingrained in modern film.
                      The synergy just carries the viewer headlong into the subject matter, pausing only long enough to provide just enough caption to both entice and inform the audience about the ongoing series of events unfolding in front of them.

The closing moment of the film was an ingeniously crafted teaser. The promise of more to come leaves the audience somehow fulfilled that this film has come to it's delightful conclusion - yet leaves them eagerly anticipating the next release from this studio.

I for one am eagerly looking forward to the "Director's Cut" to be released on DVD, and am now heading off to amazon.com to purchase the pre-release of that edition.
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

OK, that made me laugh. You get a pre-release glance when it's done, as well as the Special Edition.

Comment

Most excellent, indeed!

See you at Sundance then:smokin:
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

We can take this baby to Cannes as well.. ;)

Comment

Hehe, gives me some ideas of things to do with my old dead parts :flames:

Comment

Working...
                              X