S@H TT Team Goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S@H TT Team Goal

OK, I think we came up with 75K as the goal for the team to reach at the end of the year.
    Do you think we maybe should raise/lower it? and if so to what ?
    just wondering what every1 thinks were going to be at the end of the year.

Seems like a realistic goal.. most of them on the team now are pretty active and we should gain some more as the year concludes. If anything maybe 70k may look better.

Comment

Right now we're on track for over 80K. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say 85K. Definitely!
      :-(

Comment

I'd leave it where it is atm just in case of any unforseen circumstances but we could do a re-evaluation in September/October.

[Edit] Sorry but I changed the title a bit incase ppl got the wrong idea about the thread. ;)

Comment

Id say 80k, but if get my school to run it, we will be well over 100k

Comment

Great idea man.. i may look into getting some computers in my school running it.. once I become friends with the new techs next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyck15
              Great idea man.. i may look into getting some computers in my school running it.. once I become friends with the new techs next year.
              Actually kane2g suggested it to me. Considering im good friends with our Admininstrator, Its worh a shot. mmmm.....200pcs pumping out 4w/us aday each

Comment

While it's a nice idea, you've gotta be careful in a school situation because, chances are, it'll be against school policy or possibly breaching some other law. Don't want to sound negative, but I've seen techs get in a lot of trouble for running SETI clients and the like on educational PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                  While it's a nice idea, you've gotta be careful in a school situation because, chances are, it'll be against school policy or possibly breaching some other law. Don't want to sound negative, but I've seen techs get in a lot of trouble for running SETI clients and the like on educational PCs.
                  Thanks for the heads up Beefy,

but imagine, passing our ulitmate cruncher Wiggo in 3weeks, at a rate of 6kw/us a week. But itll NEVER ahppen, unless i ummmmm :devil:

Comment

I highly doubt I would be able to do it in my school but its worth a shot. I guess its almost like having lan parties after school hours.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                      Actually kane2g suggested it to me. Considering im good friends with our Admininstrator, Its worh a shot. mmmm.....200pcs pumping out 4w/us aday each
                      sure blame me!
                      but honestly if you put S@H on the machines w.o asking, they are going to figure it out pretty quickly, as the systems will log onto S@H servers every few hours, they will see that as a virus/trojan and check the systems. than they can get you in trouble in school, so i would strongly advise getting permission to run S@H clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                        Thats why you stick it on a usb drive and run it from there :) ;)
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

He could loose some USB drives that way. :laugh:

Comment

Hmmm, USB Drive, good idea, just wish they were a tad cheaper.

Just picked up a Paly 1900+ to go with my new $5 pcchips board

Comment

M8 get a mobo with some decent memory performance. A KT266A based one (likely $10 2nd hand though a KT333 would be much better again) would wallop that POS. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                              X