How to create a CD image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a CD image?

alright...so wat do u do when u download a linux distro on ur dial-up and one of the kids in ur home deletes one of the ISO's

damn this is my problem...though i did burn all the ISO's but i was planning on distributing linux for free in my city and this is why i saved the distros on my HD. now one of the ISO's (CD1) of redhat linux is deleted.

the thing is that i want to create an image from the CD (that i already have) so that i could use it at the time of burning the CD next time. is this imaging possible? please say that it is...pls pls pls! will the MDM5 sums match with original one? this thing has stumped me big time.

if you guys have any ideas...it will be highly appreciated. though i like freewares but even if the app is a shareware, it will work for me as i have to use it just once.
    TIA for any help :cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

If ya don't get a satisfactory answer here in the next day or so I'll move this to the Linux forum (remind me if I forget ;) ).

Comment

lol...sure mate...i'll certainly do so. ;)
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      =======================
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Well ya could try it but unless ya the Mod of that forum then ya can't do "Jack ****" as I found out a long time ago (unless forum policy was changed while my back was turned but then ya could do with ya horizons broadened a bit now I think).

[Edit] Bad luck they've just been broadened so ya can do it ya self. :D

Comment

And why don't you just duplicate the CD you have?

Comment

asklepios do you have access to the Ahead Nero program? If so this link may be of some assistance.
            http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=245
            The link also has links to Ahead Nero's site and from there you could prolly d-load the trial version.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

thx for the link PrairieDawg, I've been wondering if I could use Nero to create an .iso file :thumb:

Comment

No problem ... hopefully it'll work as easy as it looks like it should.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg[/i]
                  asklepios do you have access to the Ahead Nero program? If so this link may be of some assistance.
                  [url]http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=245[/url]
                  The link also has links to Ahead Nero's site and from there you could prolly d-load the trial version.
                  [/QUOTE]
                  thanx alot for the link [b][i]PrairieDawg[/b][/i]. i do have nero and it worked till it created the iso file but the MDM5 Sums didn't match :cry:
                  this thing is really pissing me off.

[quote][i]Originally posted by zeradul[/i]
                  And why don't you just duplicate the CD you have?
                  [/quote]
                  well i can do that zeradul but i have heard that there are more chances of having a badly written CD while duplicating as compared to when you write it from an ISO, but now this seems to be the only option i have.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Wiggo
                  [Edit][/b] Bad luck they've just been broadened so ya can do it ya self. :D
                  though i was thinking about asking you to move it after a couple of days but such bad luck is always welcome :devil win
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

======================
                  =======================
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I've a very busy week this week so I may forget. ;)

Comment

i think i should move this thread to linux forums now in a sheer hope that Bern might see it and help me out :(

i really hate kids
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

======================
                      =======================
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux...y_Reading_a_CD
                        p-two.net

Comment

thanx for info Bern but it didn't work :(
                          i typed the command
                          isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
                          and it said there is no ISO file available.

i tried
                          isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
                          and
                          isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdroms/cdrom1
                          cos i have two drives but got the same result.
                          any more ideas? :confused:
                          Last Updated:
                          10th MARCH

======================
                          =======================
                          yabaa dabaa doo...
                          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

well i can do that zeradul but i have heard that there are more chances of having a badly written CD while duplicating as compared to when you write it from an ISO, but now this seems to be the only option i have.
                            Hmm,

I don't know who told you this, but that is absurd. This was true back when there were only 2X or 4X burners?? I mean, the real early devices. Or maybe the person who told you that owns a garbage brand burner?

Decent burners now days are just as accurate as Hard Drives (within an order of magnitude) But you should have NO problems duplicating a CD you just burned... unless you scratched it all to hell you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                              ... unless you scratched it all to hell you'll be fine.
                              nah man...i love my CD's. they are nice and cozy in individual cases.
                              thanx man...i feel i should stop thinking too much abt it now
                              so for me...its duplicating the CD's from now on :cheers:
                              Last Updated:
                              10th MARCH

======================
                              =======================
                              yabaa dabaa doo...
                              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                              X