SETI@home Addict Record Keeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI@home Addict Record Keeping

Have any of you fellow SETI@home addicts kept a record of your progress like this?

My only regret is that I did not start until I had completed 10 units.

Come on, out with it. Show us your craziest sign of S@H devotion. (Other than what you've already displayed in other posts, that is.)
    :-(

I will never understand people's obsession with SETI@home .... :confused:

Comment

That was a nice construtive post. Right on topic.

To that comment, all I can say is: Who cares what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
        That was a nice construtive post. Right on topic.

To that comment, all I can say is: Who cares what you think?
        There is no need to be rude, I was just stating my opinon...last time I checked, that was allowed at TT

If you care to enlighten me as to why so many people are obsessed with SETi, then I'm all ears...

Comment

Hey minibubba, i think elrado1 is upset cause youre hi-jacking his thread, if you really want to know, just open a new one.

NE way. Looks like Im not the only one keeping track. I have a nice Excel file with all that. trying to update it once a day. than there is always the SETITeam, which is also saved daily to keep track of how the team did.

:Stands up:
          "My name is kane2g, and I have a problem with SETI"
          :laugh: :rofl:

Comment

Elrado1 stands up and says, "I have a problem with SETI." But then adds, "I'm not looking to be cured, though."

BTW, Its Wiggo's B'day today, his time. He & I share the same B'day, but it won't start for me for 9 more hours. So, for lack of a better method: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIGGO!

:group: minibubba.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
              NE way. Looks like Im not the only one keeping track. I have a nice Excel file with all that. trying to update it once a day. than there is always the SETITeam, which is also saved daily to keep track of how the team did.
              Do you save the SETITeam info as screen shots or some other method? One of my favorite methods of preserving such information is through the "Send Page by E-Mail..." operation, usually from work to home. The file is much more usable that way.

Re. Starting a new thread to enlighten the uninitiated to the world of SETI@home has merit. Let's give that one some thought.

Comment

SETITeam has a SAVE button.
                That way you can save it as a file, and than compare it as you progress or to "predict" the future rankings.

Comment

I have SetiTeam set to do a "Scheduled connection" every 24 hrs at Midnight EST. :devil win

Maybe I should revise the time to 8:00 PM EST, which would coincide with Midnight UTC.

Comment

I use SETIwatcha and it shows your SETlog in it, and well, I always am checking it, Notiicing my fastest w/u ever was 4:06:10
                    slowest was 6:37:34 Ive been doing that since I started using SETI, i guess im officially addicted! :laugh:

Stands up,
                    Myname is amd_man2003 and I have a problem with SETI.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      elrado1[/size]]
                      Have any of you fellow SETI@home addicts kept a record of your progress like this?

My only regret is that I did not start until I had completed 10 units.
                      Gee and I thought I was bad enough just addin' up the total MHz of my SETI crunchers just to stick in my sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                        Gee and I thought I was bad enough just addin' up the total MHz of my SETI crunchers just to stick in my sig. :D
                        Be sure to keep that stat up to date. We'll be monitoring it! :laugh:

Comment

I'm plannin' a few additions to come back online as soon as my PC room in the garden shed is finished but keep that under ya hat atm. :shh:

Comment

Well, I've had to take my older, less efficient machines off-line, but, that has helped me lower my average time per unit, which was dropping due to the speedier machines I have brought on line. :) The average CPU time per Work Unit was over 36 hours, when I started almost 6 Months ago. It has now dropped below 10 mins 30 secs. Not bad in my book..

I'm now looking forward to sub- 10 mins/WU average.

For those who may be interested, my progress can be monitored at SETI@home Record for elrado1

Comment

Working...
                            X