core voltage question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• core voltage question...

I was wondering what can be done to increase the maximum core voltage level that the mobo allows us to. Are there apparatus sold or mods used to increase the maximum core voltage level...
    And another question would be this; what is approx. a max core voltage value that an air cooler like TT Volcano 11 could handle (for AthlonXP tbred).
    I know each and every cpu will handle oc differently however, i would like to know an approx. value that hsfs can not handle to cool properly.

:bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Personally I wouldn't go past 1.85v with air cooling though ya'll find some info here on voltage boosting but I myself wouldn't travel this course.

Comment

you are absolutely right, i've read through some of the pages u linked to and it doesn't seem logical to go through with those methods. I was looking for something like a pci card or something like that, if there is such a thing.

Comment

Sorry but no there's not.

Comment

For P4s don't go above 1.75 simple.

Comment

could max core voltage level be related to the quality of the power supply used? Maybe using poor quality psu could result in lower max core voltage levels. Some people i come across using the same mobo with same bios have different max core voltage levels. I thought since u need good psu to overclock successfully, the bios wouldn't let a certain level to be exceeded when overclocking. Just another silly thought i know, but i like to make things up

Comment

Even poor quality PSU's will push the right voltages but where the problem lies with them is the wattage they supply across the 3.3 & 5 volt rails and usually this is where they fall down.

Comment

Working...
              X