No announcement yet.

Possibly the Best PC Config Out There!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly the Best PC Config Out There!!

Eh...just wasting some time on Newegg and drooling over my keyboard...enjoy (sigh):devil:

Heh, something I will never understand, but I can get 95% of that system's capability for 2,000$ less.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
      Heh, something I will never understand, but I can get 95% of that system's capability for 2,000$ less.
      and how will you do that? :confused: :?:
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

It's nice to dream... As you may already know, the hunt for something is often better than the having it.

While you're at it though, you may want to add a second Raptor, so you can take advantage of the - Dual SATA RAID. :devil:

And you're missing one other essential component of a computer system!
        :-(

Comment

Yea, He needs to add some sound.

Oh and who would buy a $2,000+ machine without dual processors!!! Thats Insane!

and how will you do that?
          I've done it, and I did it 2 months ago already.

Epox 8RDA+
          Barton 2500+
          (2) 512 Crucial PC2700
          Gainward Ti4600 128MB
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
          WD2000JB
          Any Antec Case
          LiteOn 52 CD-RW

----

And here's the kicker. In two years, take HALF of the money you saved and get yourself THIS.

AMD Athlon @ 4 Ghtz
          (2) 1024 Crucial @ 666 FSB
          Leadtek Geforce 7 - 512 MB PCI Express 2.0
          WD10,000XB (16 MB Cache) (One Terabyte)
          40X DVD Burner

---

In 4 years, take the remaining money you saved and get THIS

AMD @ 10 Ghtz
          (2) 2048 Crucial @ 1500 FSB
          Leadtek GeForce 10 1024MB PCI Express 8
          WD 4 Terabyte 64MB Cache

But ! Someone's gotta pay for R+D so don't listen to me! :D

Comment

Sound ain't what he needs there as onboard solutions are very good these days but to hear it he'll need speakers. :laugh:

Comment

But ! Someone's gotta pay for R+D so don't listen to me! :D
              don't worry i m not gonna listen to you, otherwise i will be finding myself on death bed with enough savings to buy a super computer :laugh:
              Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              jabber : [email protected]
              =======================
              Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

INTEL PENT. 4 (800MHZ FSB) 512K / 3.0GHZ CPU / SOCKET 478 (W/ CPU COOLER) (RETAIL) (ORDER ON REQUEST)
                $629.95

Just a few months ago this was like almost $1200. I know someone that buys these things when they first come out ,every time since the 450 pIII. Even selling the old one every six months, its hard to recover even 20% each time. It was the cause of his divorce. Now thats a real addict:wow:

This one was his latest: Pentium 4 3.2GHz 512K 800FSB Socket 478 CPU (Retail) $1,079.95

And in a few months this will be the same price or less than the one above. Thats why no place stocks them. They don't want to lose money.
                The worst part is, for what he does with it, a 1gig is way more than enough.
                athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                asus a7n8xe-dlx
                thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                bfg 6800gt
                seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                samsung dvdrw
                2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                seagate sataII 500gb
                evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                samsung sata dvd-rw
                2x1024 ocz black
                logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Leadtek GeForce 10 1024MB PCI Express 8
                  now that sounds juicy.... mmmmmm, 1gb video ram. You forgot to add that it has DDR6 ram on it ;)

Comment

Fireblazr check for a 5900 Ultra instead, more expensive maybe but FASTER with more mem.. lol

If ya gonna drool why not do it properly.. Like this :drool: :drool:

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

Barton stock & P4 stock = 1.83 ghz vs 3 ghz # But for christs sake come on man..

Barton oc & P4 oc = 2.2-2.3 ghz vs 3.8-3.9 ghz # Oh man what were ya thinking..

Ti4600 vs 9800 Pro # Don't even go there.. :rofl:

Btw you may want something better than 2700 if you want to oc the Barton that damn high.. You have to be realistic.. :rolleyes2

Comment

There are very few games/programs/etc that you would even be able to see ANY difference, much less 5%. And 250 FPS vs 300 FPS is NOT a noticable difference. I suggest my route for anyone on a budget of any kind.

But see its just wonderful to have people constantly buying on the bleeding edge, so don't let me discourage you in the least. Paying R+D keeps technology coming at full speed.

I have a friend who bought a bleeding edge system and it cost him 3700$ It was this system.

Athlon 700
                          512 MB PC100
                          (2) 60 GB drives
                          Geforce 256
                          17" Flat CRT

AND THIS IS STILL His main system. How retarded is that. If He had gotten 90% of that system he could have gotten it for 1000$ and he'd have upgraded to a whole new system for FREE TWICE since then. And he DID get raped by a local computer store, so even at the time the system was only worth MAYBE 2500$

Comment

Well ya ain't got any 250 fps with that system, (vid card) and you can forget any form of high resolution gaming with it also.

If you want to play the newer games over 1280x1024 using AA & AF then the GF4 Ti is way to slow and that I know for a fact cause I run one myself. Infact the AA/AF performance with those cards are rather poor at any resolution.

And don't be so jumpy, $1500-1700 is what I'm gonna spend on my new gamer including a fine crt, latest videocard etc, you must remeber that 1 or 2k isn't the exaktly same thing for other that it is for you, it ca be more or less depending on ya income or how mutch ya work. Cheaper isn't always better ya know, not when it reduces the performance given, that system that you have built won't give me what I want, high resolution gaming with FF/AF this fall so don't start to judge people who wants something that you don't want/need.. :)

Change that vidcard to a high perfomance DX9 one and then we can talk. But hey then the total amount would be way over 1k even without any crt, specially with that dvd burner etc that he listed. Anyway he wasn't on a budget, he was only droolin over the top of line hardware, let him have his fun without beeing so freaked out, as I said, not everyone wants to settle for that rig ya got thats my point..

Comment

I agree about AA and AF, no video card is good at these yet. And they just aren't feasable yet. But the system I originally posted with the Ti4600 does get 250 FPS in 1600 X 1200 in Q3 without AA and AF but with all other effects on. By the time you get to this kind of resolution, AA is unecessary because the jaggies are so small.

you must remeber that 1 or 2k isn't the exaktly same thing for other that it is for you, it ca be more or less depending on ya income or how mutch ya work
                              Thats just what I was saying. The guy I know with the Athlon 700 system was 17 at the time, and I told him his planned purchase was foolish. But now he has seen my point because he still hasn't been able to afford an upgrade. And by the same token, if you can afford a new system every 6 months, by all means go ahead! :) Its just that most people can't.

And I apologize for seeming 'jumpy' TYPING like this is a bad habit that I should try to stop. I am just trying to stress a key word or phrase so that it isn't missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X