Make your OWN Rounded Cables!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your OWN Rounded Cables!

I've been toying with the idea of buying rounded cables for my comp. I know how much 'fun' ( ) I've had trying to get my legacy cables to bend this way or twist that way. The rounded cables are a tad expensive, so I did some checking around. Found this little snippet of information:

I think its a great idea! Just make sure you follow the instructions given though.. wouldn't want to cut one of your wires :no:
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

There's also a couple of "How To's" out there that show you how to fold the cable (like this \/\/\/ which is also better for ATA66 and greater cables) as well if ya don't feel safe at cuttin' them. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Saves a couple $'s, and fun for the whole family as well.:thumb:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

They look ok!

Comment

I've tried it before - Didn't really work, I prefer buying better quality and looking ones.

Comment

I make all my rounded cables, both 40-wire and 80-wire, work beautifully. I use the point of a geometry compass to divide the wires into groups of 8 (for 40-wire cables) or 16 (for 80-wire cables). I just hold them together with zip ties - I'm a function over form kinda guy ;)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I buy 3/8 inch (How many milliwhatsis is that - 16?) shrink tubing.
              Takes a lot of patience to work it over the connectors, but doesn't catch on stuff when you're trying to route the cables like zip ties do.
              Don't get me wrong here, I loooove zip ties.:thumb:

The finished cable isn't quite proffessional quality in appearance, but it's good enough for the girls I go out with.

Hmmm, this reminds me, I have some 1/4 inch blue shrink tube that I was gonna use to bundle my PS wires
              That should look real nice, if I ever get around to it!:?:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yeah it works also ok for me!

Comment

silver braid from the auto shop works good too

Comment

Sorry but what is silver braid? Yeah i'm dutch sorry

Comment

silver braid is that stuff you can buy from an auto shop that you can wrap your radiator hoses and other things under your hood

Comment

it serves no purpose but looks good on a cable and can bend easy

Comment

Ok i get it hehe! thanks

Comment

no problem

Comment

Working...
                            X