"grub" hdd error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "grub" hdd error

Hi, right now I am typing with the on screen keyboard, besides that...
    I formatted an old 2gb hdd for my moms computer and i booted it with Winows ME because she wants her computer to be entirely stock, and wheni booted up it just passed the horrible HP logo screen and it said "grub" i would love to know WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES THAT MEAN????
    I am currently REFORMATTING the old heap of crap HP, even has an ultra fast 733mhz Cellery...

Thanks for any imput :)

did you have linux on that HDD? :?:

GRUB = GRand Unified Bootloader and is used by various linux distributions as default boot loader. may be your MBR still have GRUB in it.
    you will have to delete the partition to get rid of that MBR. someone else might have a better idea though.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

well, before you posted I got it all sorted out, turns out that i forgot to repartition the hdd before i formatted, yes i did have Redhat Linux 9.0 on the hdd, Linux NEVER works on my comp though... i dunno why, my n00b friend somehow gets it to work, but i cant :( oh well, at least i dont gotta worry about giving my mom her hdd back now :P

Comment

Working...
      X