3d mark score really lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d mark score really lame

i got a really bad 3d mark score and my games are running like crap. right now i know its the ram. everything i have is in my sig except right now i am running 128mb pc133 as my ddr is being shipped. will the new ram make a huge jump in performance or is it going to take a new vid card which i cant afford right now. this is default settings. anything i can do to improve in the meanwhile?

oops meant to attach this

Comment

Not only is your video card a GF2 MX, it's the lower end of the MX range. Your video card is definitely the problem here.

Comment

im well aware that this card is a pos. but will the 2x 256mb of pc2100 improve these scores much from 128mb of pc133. yes i already know i need a new vid card.

Comment

Going to DDR, and increasing the amount of RAM you have, will boost overall system performance, but I wouldn't expect too much in the way of a 3DMark score increase. If you're lucky you might break 2100...

Comment

I'm with Beefy, the RAM will help, but to get any decent score you will need a new video card

Comment

ew ECS.. Id suggest adding a new MoBo to the equation after a new video card.

Comment

ew ECS.. Id suggest adding a new MoBo to the equation after a new video card.
                i hear ya man, i really want a 8rda but money is slow so all in good time along with the vid card, im looking 9200/9100/9000 or a ti 4200. which one is the best deal here. (cash/performance).

Comment

The Ti4200. :devil win

Comment

the R9100 is an excellent deal - although it is slower than the Ti4200 - it's not so much slower that you notice it during gameplay (I owned one of each for a while)..... & I just picked up a visiontek 250/250 128MB for $69US vs. ~$100US for a Ti4200

Comment

3DMark is a gamers' benchmark. A low 3DMark score doesn't mean your computer is slow it only means it will be slow at 3D games. For other applications you probably won't see much problem with what is otherwise a pretty high end system. For example, a faster graphics card won't make mp3s or mpegs encode any faster or make your web surfing any faster.

Comment

Why did you put SDRAM in a DDR board???

DDR is dirt cheap nowadays. PC2100 can be had for like $30 US.

Very mismatched system. That CPU deserves at least a GF4 Ti and some DDR. Your score should be over 10,000.

Comment

Working...
                        X