a dying chip??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a dying chip??

Yeah it is hot and really humid in Canberra today but the TB 1200 now likes nothing but default settings...despite the Swiftech hsf....this is the same baby that went into windows at over 1700....gradually its peaks have been fading and now the poor sole is relegated to the "standard" bin.....

Oh well it may hasten a new setup...I was hoping to wait for the Hammer but this may just fade away before that

Maybe you pushed it too hard for too long :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah, with the voltage mod I did before, it was running for quite a while (about 2-3 months) at 1603.6 (133.64*12) at 2.15v ....... gradually slowed down since spring and the temp started to warm up.....

good value anyway...even if i have to run it stock or even less

I think then voltage mod was having some effects on the mobo stability too...at the moment with the case off the mobo temp is over 36 (cpu at 38 with vcool)...just a bit sus..room temp at 31....

Update:

Removed the voltage mod and things have settled down a bit.....mobo at 32 and cpu at 35 with Vcool.....pretty stable too (so far... will test later)...can even get to 1400 at default voltage but no more.....it looks like the voltage mod was starting to break down a bit.

Comment

Well if you were pumping 2.15V through the chip :eek: then I strongly feel electromigration may have occurred to a certain degree - that is an absurdly high voltage for a T-Bird :scream:

Comment

voltage high????? ...yes....but so was the overclock....and solid.....the chip is now still happy at 1333 at default voltage...thats still a 11% overclock...and that was running Stable (tester) in heat mode for about 35mts without a glitch....temp never got over 38C ......will not handle any voltage increases at all......not bad for a $au250 chip...i've still got a 1333 to toy with when this one has had its day and a mate has offered me a 1400 cheap.....

I wonder where I can get some LN2?????...just for some fun

Comment

I still think electromigration has occurred to a certain extent, it shortens the life of the CPU (greatly in some cases). Oh well - good excuse to upgrade ;)

Comment

what about when things such as burnt in goop or erased pencil...my d600 wouldn't get back pas 933 but when i unlocked it with some conductive paint and re-applied goop, i could boot at 1000 again, just worth adding i though :D

Comment

I was gonna mention that also, maybe your unlocking is starting to wear off. But I agree with Albinus, electromigration may have started since you have had it running with it's tongue hanging out

Comment

...with a 10KG weight attached to it as well :D

Comment

Working...
                  X