No announcement yet.

Nforce2 crunchers, Dual memory question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nforce2 crunchers, Dual memory question.

Does the dual channel memory help you crunch faster?
    And if so, how much faster?

I'll let you know when my RAM turns up. At the moment I've got 1 x 512MB stick in, but have a couple sticks of Corsair on the way.

Comment

Well my XP1800+ w/ KT333 takes about 3hr 5min but my XP1800+ w/ nForce2 cut that by another 15-20min until I o/c'd it.

Comment

only a 20min difference between the single channel on kt333 and nforce2 is kinda dissapointing.

I want to know on just nforce2, so i guess Ill wait for Beefys ram.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
          .... so i guess Ill wait for Beefys ram.
          thanks
          That makes two of us.. :(

Comment

I guess Ill wait for Beefy's ram too, cause im interested in the performance also. So now theres three of us.

Comment

With my MSI Kt3ultra 2 mobo running the same ram CPU and oc I was getting times avging 2.6/wu. With the Epox 8rda+ I am avging 2.1, again that is with the same basic settings as the old mobo. Thats about 30 minutes off each WU!

Comment

Well I guess what i want to know is whats the WU times with 512 in regular mode as opposed to 2x256 dual chanel on nforce2 board. I know they would be faster as opposed to any other mobo, but just wondering if going with dual channel is really worth it.

Comment

Well, kane2g Ill let ya know wat my resultsa are when I get my 8RGA+ and 2X 256mb xms3200. Will order it in a week or two, I cant wait to finally o/c this damn thing and crunch w/us fast.

Comment

I should have 2x Geil Golden Dragon (PC3200) 256 MB here with the week....except I'm crunching folding@home instread of SETI...but the results should be the same anyway, I'll let ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      kane2g[/size]]
                      only a 20min difference between the single channel on kt333 and nforce2 is kinda dissapointing.
                      I don't think so really especially when ya consider that the KT333 is a step above those AMD760's that ya so fond of (the KT266A is more in the 760's playin' field) which will put the nForce2 way in front plus it overclocks fantastically.

Comment

I guess Im just trying to see if Im better off looking for 2 matching sticks of 3200 or just stick with the 1 big stick.
                        Hopefully the results everyone is getting will be consistent. Cuz if they arent it looks like the whole dual channel is not going to be worth it.

Comment

there could be other benifits aside from crunching WU's ;)

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                            there could be other benifits aside from crunching WU's ;)
                            People use systems for something else than crunching WUs?????
                            Thats just CrAzy!

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                              People use systems for something else than crunching WUs?????
                              Thats just CrAzy!
                              I can't think of one either! :laugh:

I hate it at work when I've minimized Windows Task Manager and the Tray Icon isn't bright green. It seems like something's wrong! Then I remember that it is only a 500MHz PIII and realize that it doesn't really matter. :cry:
                              :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X