What kind of RAM do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of RAM do i have?

I have a box full of old SDRAM and DDR modules. I was wondering how to tell what kind each was. Most have no labels, or identifying markings at all.. Ive looked up some that had serial numbers but couldnt get a real good idea as to how big they were or what type they are (ie. PC2100, pc3200, whatevever.)

So is there any software i can get that can tell me what i have installed in my computer.

Or does anyone know a good site that explains these or how i can figure out what they are? (16mb, 32mb 256mb, etc..)

Thanks.:shrug:

sdram will have 2 notches on the bottom.
    DDR will only have one - around the middle.

As to figure out what size they are, just install them one by one. its going to show you as you post whats the memory size.

as for speed, i have no idea. :?:
    but 2100 wont work with 200fsb ;)

Comment

You can use Sandra 2003, to know the info about your RAM.

"Execute" Mainboard Information, a look at "Memory Module(s)", there you will see the manufacter (I guess), size, type, speed, CL and other info.

You can download from here:
      Sandra 2003

Comment

this wont help you now, but I usually put a piece of tape with all the info on my RAM if it doesn't already have the info on it

make thing much easier later on, especially when it's not your computer ;)

Comment

Not a bad idea, thanks.

Comment

If you can, take it to a local computer store, they usually have a diagnostic board that can do all of that for you.

Chez

Comment

just send it to me i'll look at it and tell you who what where when and so on. i'll even weed out the ones that you dont need. lol

Comment

that was so funny i think i just shat myself

Comment

Working...
                X