PDA

View Full Version : agp pro

pepsi_max2k
07-14-2003, 10:47 PM
I was just looking at the gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro motherboard and noticed it's not got an AGP Pro slot, just a normal AGP one. Appart from that it's a decent motherboard, so I was wondering what's the chances of needing an AGP Pro slot in the next few years as I don't know of any graphics cards using it at the moment.

Wiggo
07-14-2003, 10:58 PM
The "Pro" on a mobo usually means that it has o/c features plus some extra goodies and doesn't refer to the AGP slot though only professional workstation graphics cards atm need an AGP Pro slot which in most cases requires a professional workstation mobo. :beer:

pepsi_max2k
07-14-2003, 11:03 PM
The question wasn't really anything to do with the motherboard, I just want to know if i'll be needing an AGP Pro slot in the future or if most graphics cards are gonna keep using normal AGP slots. I don't wanna buy a motherboard without an AGP Pro slot and end up regretting it :(

Wiggo
07-14-2003, 11:50 PM
[b]I don't wanna buy a motherboard without an AGP Pro slot and end up regretting it If that ain't askin' about the mobo then I don't know what is but PCI Express will become the next video bus well before you get to need AGP Pro and will exceed that spec. :beer:

Nightstalker
07-15-2003, 12:58 AM
roflmao