CLI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLI problems

I'm trying to set up the CLI, but it can not find my account. I type in my correct email address, it works on the web site and the default client, but the CLI can not find it. Why is that?

JEK

thats an odd one, you could try redloading it, andsee if that works

Comment

The CLI client is case sensitive with your email address. Check to see that you enter it exactly as you did when you set up the first time......:thumb:

Comment

That did it, thanks.

Comment

Awesome!:cheers:

Comment

Do I still need to have the old client installed or do I just need the two files? I see if I run both clients my computer slows down a lot...

Also, what priority do you use. High made my computer quite slow, but normal didn't seem to affect it much. Is there a big jump in speed between low and normal?

Comment

Do you mean that you have the GUI and the CLI client on your comp at the same time? Or, are you talking about SETI CLI Client and SETI Driver? You'll want to run only the CLI and Driver...if you have the GUI still on there, take it off...it's much slower...If you've already done this, the slowdown is normal, as the CLI client runs unless you shut it down, rather than only when your screensaver would be activated. There's a few other settings you should change too so you don't have problems. Follow method 2 instructions, and you should be on your way! Keep in mind that SETI can run your CPU close to 90%, no matter how powerful your system is, so expect to have to shut it down for CPU-intensive tasks, like games. For surfing, you'll see a slowdown, but it's bearable and worth it, IMHO. Happy crunching! :D
              Edit: I haven't seen the Low/Normal/High settings to make much difference....mine are all set at Normal, excepting my one machine I don't use for anything else...

Comment

I had the GUI still installed, but I just removed it.

My CPU usage is at 100% when I have SETI Driver running. When the priority is set to High there is a huge slowdown. At normal it's ok. At low there is no slowdown. I think I'll keep it at low.

I am knoticing a huge speedup here at work where my computer is just an 800mhz DELL. I can't wait to try this new CLI at home.

It might be helpful for people if there was a small CLI FAQ at the top of this forum. I never knew it existed.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

I'm glad I could help, but really, I'm just passing along help that I have received...You can thank all the great folks here at TweakTown...:cheers:

Comment

Does my link not count? :cry:

Comment

There there now (hands Kane a beer), it'll be alright lad ppl will soon take notice of it. ;)

Comment

Thanks I feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                          Does my link not count? :cry:
                          You may be fast at crunching SETI units, but I was faster to answer his post :D

Comment

I can't believe how much faster this CLI is over the GUI. I'm getting 5-6 results a day as opposed to 2, and that's with hours of EverQuest and turning of SETI.

Your signitures are great, I just never read them thourally or put together what it all meant.

Comment

Great job Bithmus! :thumb:
                              Now that you're producing some numbers....you'll be hooked...he he he
                              The team appreciates you....:cheers: : party ha

Comment

Working...
                              X