PDA

View Full Version : nForce2 Dual Channel Question

zeradul
07-17-2003, 01:16 PM
I think this has been discussed, but I did not come away with a clear cut answer, so here goes.

Compare a nForce2 mobo with (2) Crucial 256 MB sticks (in Dual Channel mode)

versus

An nForce2 mobo with (2) Crucial 256 MB sticks (in Dual Channel mode) AND (1) more 256 MB stick.

Assuming all ram is same speed, size, brand, timings, etc.

First Question: Is the effectivness of the Dual Channel lost? If it is not lost completely, how is it affected?

minibubba
07-17-2003, 02:09 PM
with the 3rd stick you would have 768 MB of DDR in single channel mode

The__tweaker
07-17-2003, 02:17 PM
with the 3rd stick you would have 768 MB of DDR in single channel mode

Which I don't reccomend at all, get two 512Mb modules if ya need more mem.. :devil win

:cheers:

zeradul
07-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Yes, That is what I thought.

Thank you very much.

Maxpowers
07-18-2003, 02:20 AM
actualy i have heard somewhere that you can take say a 512 stick put it in slot 1 and then take 2x 256 and put them in the other 2 slots. with this setup i have heard that it will be dual channel but i have not tried this nor can i confirm it

minibubba
07-18-2003, 02:41 AM
wont work...you have to have 2 identical sticks to have dual channel

Morgan_Lander
07-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Abit's original NF1 board could use all 3 DIMMs, but the last DIMM had to be single-sided. Other NF1 boards would cut some of the bandwith down. Not sure if this still applies to the NF2s, but I haven't been as up to date with them as I usually am.

Soulburner
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Why bother......dual channel is pointless on Athlon XPs, they can't utilize it to make it worth the trouble...if you run single channel you can usually get a higher overclock which more than makes up for it.

Wiggo
09-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Soulburner[/size]]
Why bother......dual channel is pointless on Athlon XPs, they can't utilize it to make it worth the trouble...if you run single channel you can usually get a higher overclock which more than makes up for it. Another pointless post from ya again I see which shows just how little ya know about AMD setups so keep ya comments to things ya may know about like Intel systems as that post just shows how well uninformed ya really are (not to mention how late ya are on this one). :hmph:

Darthtanion
09-10-2003, 10:34 AM
I'm with Wiggo on this one. The dual channel does make a drastic and noticeable difference with the Athlon XP processors. If you have doubts about it, then check out the difference in performance levels when comparing an nForce2 based motherboard with both the KT400 and KT600 models that are readily available to the public. Even the newer KT600 board doesn't get you to the same plateau in regards to either overall performance or memory bandwidth. If this isn't a significant benefit, then maybe I should change hobbies. :rolleyes2

Wiggo
09-10-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm certainly not goin' to dump a memory channel on my nForce2 setups as I'd only have the same performance then as a KT400/A setup. :no:

climbski
09-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Actually soulburner is correct if your FSB is above 166 as it should be for all good OCers.

DC on AMD only gets you about 2% to 3% more bandwidth if you are lucky and it usually retards your ability to get your Highest FSB. test it out for yourself on Sandra. This should change (hopefully) when the Athlon64 is released.:)

Soulburner
09-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh so i'm making this up?

AMD Single vs. Dual Channel

http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9541

:rolleyes2

Wiggo
09-13-2003, 03:27 PM
"Stupid people shouldn't breed" I hope that ya practise what ya preach.

Darthtanion[/size]]
If you have doubts about it, then check out the difference in performance levels when comparing an nForce2 based motherboard with both the KT400 and KT600 models that are readily available to the public. Even the newer KT600 board doesn't get you to the same plateau in regards to either overall performance or memory bandwidth. Go and have a look at the reviews around the web as Darth suggested but I know which of my AMD systems perform the best and the nForce2 ones leave my VIA ones well behind. :blah:

amd_man2005
09-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Why bother......dual channel is pointless on Athlon XPs, they can't utilize it to make it worth the trouble...if you run single channel you can usually get a higher overclock which more than makes up for it.

Really now? Then how come I can notice a differnce between single and dual channel in game l;oading times etc? But no, there is no difference :hmph:

Wordbiker
09-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Quote from my A7N8X DX user's manual:
NOTE: To enhance system performance, utilize dual-channel feature when installing additional DIMMs. You may install the DIMMs in the following sequence: Sockets 1 and 3, sockets 2 and 3 or sockets 1, 2 and 3.
Hmmm, doesn't say anything about losing dual-channel with a 3rd DIMM....
My Albatron KM18G Pro manual states:
To enable dual-channel DDR functionality, your system must meet certain configuration conditions. First, you can only use 2 of the 3 DIMM slots...
And my Chaintech 7NIF2 Summit manual notes:
For maximized Dual-Channel (128 bit) result, you must install one of your two memory modules on DDR3
Appears that on certain nForce2 mobos (which all of these are) Dual-Channel only works with 2 sticks. The original post wasn't very specific regarding the mobo in question.

climbski
09-14-2003, 02:41 AM
Suggest some of you READERS try doing some actual BENCHMARKING. Use sisoft sandra bandwidth benchmark and you'll see for your selves that DC dosn't help AMD hardly ANY when OCd.:)

BTW DC only works with 2 or 4 Dimms.

amd_man2005
09-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Suggest some of you READERS try doing some actual BENCHMARKING. Use sisoft sandra bandwidth benchmark and you'll see for your selves that DC dosn't help AMD hardly ANY when OCd.:)

I suggest you shut your mouth. AS I have done benchamrks, and also, If there is a VISUAL difference, then why even go to the benchmarks?

climbski
09-14-2003, 04:38 AM
Later noobs...LOL Visual... Right. whatever .....people see what they expect. general rule of observation :clap:

You obviously havn't done the benches or you'd be agreeing with me. Try lying to someone who dosn't know anything.

Was trying to give the members of this forum some very good advice.... oh well your loss not mine.

BTW game loading times are 90% dependant on Hard drive performance. Which changes all the time for each program due to position and cache status.

amd_man2005
09-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Trust me m8, I can tell when Im not in dual channel, AND YES i have done the friggin benches, So i dont need you tellin me I havent. Soo, If you still wanna go calling me and the other members wrong, go ahead, but you'll end up like Soulburner eventually.

climbski
09-14-2003, 06:53 AM
What FSB are you running?

BTW I'll end up where I'm at running nearly 2.6ghz 3300 mhz/sec mem bandwidth on single channel 24/7 on and XP1700.:laugh: Didn't get there not knowing what I'm doing.:2cents:

Wiggo
09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
The funny thing is that you and Soulburner sound like ya's prefer to use single channel then save a few extra bucks and use VIA chipsets so ya's can go for it while the rest of us just stick with usin' dual channel on our nForce2's. :beer:

climbski
09-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Sure My VIA chipset NF7-S ver2 gets 233fsb at 2-2-2-6 timings. Why would I want an N2 chipset...Wait a sec dammit I do have an N2 chipset. DOH!

What's your bandwidth wiggy?

I only care about SPeeD my friends and whatever gets me some. DC dosn't on AMD.

POST your Sandra bandwith numbers or stop argueing simple solution eh?

Wiggo
09-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Seems that ya have a prob knowin' what ya have anyway. :rofl:

minibubba
09-14-2003, 07:37 AM
climbski, you're clearly not going to listen to reason and you're obviously got going to listen to people that actually use the nforce2 dual channel setup and know that it improves performance. So why don't you just drop all this pointless ranting since it's not helping anyone. :no:

Wiggo
09-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Well said minibubba. :clap:

I think that another noimination is in the air. :laugh:

climbski
09-14-2003, 07:49 AM
It'll be an HONOR. I accept ANY future nominations. Thankyou.

Post your bandwidth and shut me up then.:)

If you get more than 6% better BW on DC same settings (postem and I'll duplicate setting in SC to test) I'll eat my words. then we will know once and for all. rigt now all we are doing is steadfastly disagreeing without any data posting.:thumb:

Wiggo
09-14-2003, 08:38 AM
The thing is that the 2nd channel does have benefits for performance (and not just in a synthetic bench test) but as ya don't plan on listenin' why bother but I'll take the 5% any day and run with it. BTW I couldn't be bothered to run the tests again as I've better things to do with my time and my PC's but if ya have a look around ya'll find that screenies of most of my setups are posted around these forums so do something useful and search them out for ya self if ya that desparate (I ain't). As stated b4 ya not goin' to change the opinions of those here with those boards so why bother? See ya. :smokin:

Soulburner
09-14-2003, 03:55 PM
The dual channel does make a drastic and noticeable difference with the Athlon XP processors.
http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=147651#post147651

Pretty drastic and noticeable difference huh.....*****es. http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/images/smilies/flipa.gif

Sovereignty
09-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Real world gains probably aren't as high as 5%. More like 2.6-2.7%. Some of you guys are saying there's a noticeable difference and that you can easily tell when you're running dual channel as opposed to single? That means you can easily spot the difference between 60fps and 61.5fps.

The link soul posted as to a write up I did on it because I wanted to know what the exact gains were too. My system setup was on an NF7-S with 2x256 OCZ EL PC3500. BTW, neither soul nor climbski have via chipsets. I have no idea why someone would even bring that up.

You can't compare across different chipsets, saying that the NF2 outperforms the Via KT400/600 because it's dual-channel. Yes, it obviously outperforms it, but dual channel isn't the only difference between the two. If you want to compare them it has to be on the same exact board with all settings identical except for the single/dual channel change, like I did.

Memory bandwidth gave a 2.6% increase, Pifast gave a 5% increase, and 3dmark2k1 gave a 2.7% increase when running in dual channel as opposed to single channel. Is there a difference? Yes. Is it drastic or even noticeable in anything other than benchmarks? Not really.

amd_man2005
09-15-2003, 02:12 AM
http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=147651#post147651

Pretty drastic and noticeable difference huh.....*****es. http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/images/smilies/flipa.gif

Damn soulburner, it seems like you and Climbski are going by one single sites reviews, oddly enough, a site that you both regular. I have to say that your BIASED towards their opinion

Wordbiker
09-15-2003, 02:17 AM
Sovereignty,
Thank you for your well worded response to what has obviously been a heated issue within this thread. If you are indeed the author of the above linked tests, I commend you. Well researched and documented. I have also seen similar tests, and they agree with your results. However, I don't think the issue at hand is whether or not one person considers 2-5% gain substantial or not. That is purely a matter of opinion, though it does confirm that there IS a performance gain using Dual-Channel capabilities of nForce2 motherboards. Your opinion is that it is NOT signifigant, while others here DO consider it signifigant. The real issue is some contributors lack of respect in their posts. If one desires to make a correction, or give an informed opinion, it is not necessary to denigrate the opposing view in a childish manner. I'd like to add that NONE of Soulburner's or Climbski's posts answered the original topic question of the thread.

Sovereignty
09-15-2003, 02:22 AM
The original question was in fact if running 3 sticks of ram in single channel would be much worse than using two in dual channel, so I think this still relates. Also the whole thread eventually turned in to just how significant the difference is. I would've liked to have run some more tests but I didn't have any other good ones installed, and it was 3 a.m. :)

amd_man2003: Did you even read that post? That was made by me and had nothing to do with ocaddiction other than the fact it was posted on that forum. I ran these tests under identical conditions so I don't see how they can possibly be biased one way or the other. I'd prefer if you actually read what I wrote before you call it biased. Thank you.

Wordbiker
09-15-2003, 02:38 AM
I think this has been discussed, but I did not come away with a clear cut answer, so here goes.

Compare a nForce2 mobo with (2) Crucial 256 MB sticks (in Dual Channel mode)

versus

An nForce2 mobo with (2) Crucial 256 MB sticks (in Dual Channel mode) AND (1) more 256 MB stick.

Assuming all ram is same speed, size, brand, timings, etc.

First Question: Is the effectivness of the Dual Channel lost? If it is not lost completely, how is it affected?
I wish someone would read this clearly. To me this is a simple question of whether 3 sticks of the same RAM will still run in Dual-Channel mode. I can't confirm this, but the answer is no, not if they're all the same. My manual states that it IS possible to preserve DC capability, but the channels must have the same speed and capacity. In other words, 512MB in one stick on one channel, and 2 sticks of 256MB on the second channel will work, given all other things are the same. This is only on one specific motherboard! I posted what my manuals stated to clarify that it depends on the specific motherboard. The question of whether or not single or dual channel was superior wasn't asked, but was offered as a rather harsh opinion.

Darthtanion
09-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Soulburner,

I certainly don't know what your problem is, but I can only hope that you one day find it within yourself to try to be something more than a fool. Your comments and hostile attitude are childish and it is rather boring. I can understand an occassional gibe or something, but you go well beyond what most folks will see as sociably acceptable. I ask you one time only to be sociable with members of our community. Your choices are to do so or not come back, it is that simple. We have a group of users here who find it nice to have a place to call home and find answers to questions. If you disagree with an opinion, so be it; but don't go out of your way to use it as an excuse to belittle folks. That type of posting will not be tolerated.

Sovereignty,

Thanks for your comments and testing (and also your mature manner of reporting your findings). While you feel that 5% or so increase in performance is not significant, I tend to feel that any reasonable performance gain is significant. But since data goes from the HDD to RAM before being sent off for use by the processor, I have seen performance gains that go beyond synthetic tests. Load times have lowered when it comes to large programs. Just something else to consider.

Sovereignty
09-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Another note:

On the NF7, you can run 3x256mb sticks and still have it in dual channel. A member over at OCA has 3x256 corsair sticks at 232 running in dual channel so it definitely does still work. Might be different on other boards though.

Darth: I agree that 500 points in 3dm01 is significant for benchmarks, but not for real-world. I'll have to see if I can get spec viewperf or maybe do some media encoding, etc, and see if the gains are any higher in non-synthetic uses.

Soulburner
09-15-2003, 05:00 AM
Darthtanion, you are asking me to be "sociable", when many of the regular members (and possibly some admins) have been hostile toward me first? I don't think so. I think I have an excuse to get upset. If you want me to calm down, ask the asses on this forum to stop attacking me. When I post something, I don't pull it outta my ass, despite what they think. I come in a civil manner to talk about computers, but when I am flamed for posting either A) My Opinion, B) My Advice, or C) Factful, helpful information for someone asking a question on the board, I think I have the right to get upset. I didn't come here for that.

Then on top of that, I get flamed over getting upset. What the hell do you expect? Then I get this stupid ****ing title (what the hell is that about? That is just plain uncalled for and I ask it be removed). This isn't directed toward you personally, but to the people who have taken shots at me on this board for stupid reasons. I didn't start this.

If you want civil, that can be done. BUT, it needs to go both ways.

amd_man2005
09-15-2003, 05:10 AM
Soulburner We do act civil towards you, but you repeatedly go on, dragging threads (this one) from the dead, to prove somthing you have no idea about, Then you say Wiggo has not much rrom to talk about being a Smacktard, and well, IMHO its frowned upon to call an Admin a smacktard, And, there has been instances in other threads where you have been warned, So if ya look on both sides, you will see you earned it, But if ya clean up your act, Itll most likely be removed eventually

minibubba
09-15-2003, 06:01 AM
S.P.A.M. Nominee and Forum Smacktard titles are not handed out carelessly, if you have been branded with such a title then you earned it.

Soulburner
09-15-2003, 06:45 AM
S.P.A.M. Nominee and Forum Smacktard titles are not handed out carelessly, if you have been branded with such a title then you earned it.
So be it....I was civil, but its sad to see some people cannot see things on the same level.:rolleyes2 Some people really need to pull their heads out of you-know-where and end the childish crap, it's getting REALLY old.

There have even been a few people to back up my statements, (not just this thread) yet it doesn't seem to change anything, some people are just too hard headed to see the truth and accept it. There is a lot of misinformation floating around here, and when I try to straighten it out, I get flamed and rejected. What a bunch of ****ing hippocrits. When I want to go somewhere to talk and learn about computers, I'll go elsewhere, cuz I certainly won't find it here. Sorry to rain on your parade and post this in here, but I don't care anymore.

I'm not normally like this, but there are other guilty parties. I think a few more "nominees" should be in order. http://www.ocaddiction.com/forums/images/smilies/boid.gif

minibubba
09-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Alright, this is enough of this crap. You clearly don't get the point. If you are so unhappy here, then why do you stay?

Beefy
09-15-2003, 01:57 PM
OK, after actually reading over this thread, I'm actually gonna re-open it (as long as everyone keeps calm...).

Now I'm definitely no expert when it comes to overclocking or technical stuff about hardware, but I know what I see when I use my computer... I originally ran my PC from 1 stick of RAM (Soltek nForce2 MB) until my Twin Corsair stuff turned up. I didn't change timings, I wasn't overclocking, but I did notice a performance increase when running dual channel. I don't totally rely on benchmarks to verify performance. As long as I can notice a change, then I'm happy.

When I went from single to dual, everything just seemed quicker. The little blue bar at the start of Windows didn't do as many laps, the welcome screen now flashes up then off again. I never benchmarked the differences between the two, and didn't really care.

Now I'm definitely not saying that the benchmarks are false, but I'm less inclined to believe them if they only say a 2.5% difference when I can see things happening quicker...

However, all in all, there's no point bickering about this... Can we get some decent ideas as to why people believe what they do?

Wordbiker
09-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, despite the bickering this has been a good thread. The original question was answered, and I personally find it quite interesting that certain motherboards can possibly run in DC mode with 3 identical sticks of RAM. At one point when one of my machines was down, I ran a third stick of Corsair PC3500 XMS on my A7N8X....I didn't do benchies, but it didn't seem to make much difference one way or another. When I have some time, I'll do my own tests....just out of curiosity. :cheers:

Beefy
09-15-2003, 02:22 PM
OK, I just had a little hunt around, and found a couple single vs dual benchmarks. The best one was on the following page - http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/nforce2-1vs2channels/

Right down the bottom of the page is a very handy little table that shows the percentage increase with dual channel memory. Now it shows that while a lot of things don't have that much of a performance increase, some things actually do make a decent difference (ignoring the IGP part of the table).

Then again, how many of these tests really do push memory to it's limits?

Wiggo
09-15-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm a multi-taskin' addict runnin' with at least [email protected], WinAMP, Trillian, 3 or 4 IE windows, PSP, calculator plus whatever else happens to be needed doin' at the time (rippin', burnin', gamin', etc) but with only one channel operatin' all this becomes a chore in waitin' due to slowness though with both channels in operation everything runs quickly and smoothly. Benchtests are all very good to give ppl an idea on a startin' point but real world usage is what really talks to me. :beer:

Beefy
09-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Same here. I use WinAMP 3, which a lot of people complain and say is 'resource hungry'... yet I don't notice a thing. Also, running all my All-in-Wonder software, as well as my Audigy 2 software... and running everything else, that extra bit of oomph in the memory area helps.

Sovereignty
09-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Beefy: That article came up with roughly the same numbers as I did. 2-4%. Whether or not windows does in fact load faster for you, or it just seems like it, well I guess the only way to test that is by doing a more accurate test with a stopwatch.

As far as the tests run go, I'd say they definitely stress the memory. MPEG4 encoding loves memory bandwidth, but like I tested there's only a ~2.7% increase in bandwidth using dual channel, which is exactly how much faster the encoding is.

I think the gain from having two memory controllers is that it can access and retrieve two pieces of data (assuming they're stored on different sticks) at the same time and have them both READY to go to the CPU. Since the cpu memory bus is only 64 bits wide, which is how wide the memory controllers are each, only 1 piece of data can be sent through. The small gain though is when 1 piece of data is sent and the other is already there waiting thanks to a second memory controller, instead of the first one having to go back and forth again. Judging from the tests though that portion obviously doesn't take long at all. Barely long enough to make a marginal difference in most scenarios.

Just for yucks I've run in single channel for the last day or so to see if I noticed a difference, but I can't say I have. Even in games I don't really notice any FPS drops or slower loading times. Windows loads in the exact same number of bar passes. For me it's definitely not noticeable, but like it's been shown running in dual channel is basically an extra 2-3% gain for free, so why not utilize it.

climbski
09-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Alot depends on whether you run your system overclocked or not. If you are running stock 133 or 166 FSB then Dual channel can make upwards of 50% or more bandwidth. This is significant:eek: Unfortunately if you are OCing then at 200fsb (maybe lower) it only makes 2% to 6% difference. The Increased performance of running 200FSB or better more than makes up for the difference in loss of DC advantage. 2% to 6% difference IS a difference and closly approximates the cost increase for DC so that is a wash when OCing. There is no reason not to use DC except that it often limits your top OC fsb. It is definately excellent when running your sytem near or at stock speeds on all but two of AMD current CPUs.

Hope this clears up why there are two completely opposing veiw on this subject. I promise that my info is spot on. I make a rule of posting accurate info.

BTW I was never rude in this forum although I did call somebody "just a reader" after they COMPLETELY discounted my post like I was a moron. No hard feelings in my case though:)

amd_man2005
09-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Im just curious..what doe Ghettocooled in ya sig mean?

climbski
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Cold air cooling. I have a $100US airconditioning unit as a casefan and a semidecent copperheatpipe HS/60mm 7000rpm fan. CPU temps are about 20C at 2.01v;)

Beefy
09-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Alot depends on whether you run your system overclocked or not. If you are running stock 133 or 166 FSB then Dual channel can make upwards of 50% or more bandwidth. This is significant:eek: Unfortunately if you are OCing then at 200fsb (maybe lower) it only makes 2% to 6% difference. The Increased performance of running 200FSB or better more than makes up for the difference in loss of DC advantage. 2% to 6% difference IS a difference and closly approximates the cost increase for DC so that is a wash when OCing. There is no reason not to use DC except that it often limits your top OC fsb. It is definately excellent when running your sytem near or at stock speeds on all but two of AMD current CPUs.
So for someone like me, who doesn't OC, it does make a reasonable difference... :) Nice to see you guys back again.

amd_man2005
09-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Cold air cooling. I have a 0US airconditioning unit as a casefan and a semidecent copperheatpipe HS/60mm 7000rpm fan. CPU temps are about 20C at 2.01v;)

LMAO Thats awesome :thumb: *Off to buy an AC ;)*

climbski
09-16-2003, 11:08 AM
CAUTION!!! I live in an area with nearly no dewpoint. If you live in a humid environment you may fry your comp:thumbs do

amd_man2005
09-16-2003, 11:10 AM
im not really gonna go get one, and as a MAtterof fact I live in a humid area, during the summer it is. (INdiana)

Beefy
09-16-2003, 11:12 AM
CAUTION!!! I live in an area with nearly no dewpoint. If you live in a humid environment you may fry your comp:thumbs do
What'd ya tell him that for? If he fried his PC then he wouldn't be able to post anymore... ;)

amd_man2005
09-16-2003, 11:15 AM
What'd ya tell him that for? If he fried his PC then he wouldn't be able to post anymore... ;)
:hmph: Thats what my backup rig is for :p

Sovereignty
09-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Yeah. Climbski lives in reno, NV where the dew point is probably well below freezing. I tried using an a/c up here in RI where the dew point is usually in the 60's in the fall and got a bit of condensation buildup after 30 seconds. Definitely not a good thing.

As far as the difference in performance gains between 166/200/227fsb, that was going to be my next test. Would it be 2.7% all the way around, or 15% at 166, 2.7% at 200, and 1.5% at 227?

Unfortunately my system just isn't stable in single channel. I get random lockups at 217fsb with my PC3500 in single channel but can run 235ish in dual channel without a hitch. Go figure.

CtrlAltDel
09-18-2003, 07:31 AM
My NF7-S manual states that supported memory is:

3 DIMMs DDR200/266/333 (max 3GB)
2 DIMMs DDR400 (max 2GB)

Is this really correct? Anyone tried running three DDR400 modules?

CtrlAltDel

Soulburner
09-18-2003, 08:47 AM
I know of someone who runs 3 modules of 3500...

Beefy
09-18-2003, 08:53 AM
I've noticed with a fair few of the original nForce2 boards that they have limits on what DDR400 they support, both chip types and quantities, but I thought they had fixed this up with the newer chipset.. :confused:

CtrlAltDel
09-18-2003, 09:27 AM
I've noticed with a fair few of the original nForce2 boards that they have limits on what DDR400 they support, both chip types and quantities, but I thought they had fixed this up with the newer chipset.. :confused:

Yes, this is what I thought too, perhaps the manual just hasn't been updated when the 2.0 revision came up, wouldn't be the first time either! ;)

CtrlAltDel