linux sever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux sever

Hey i am looking to make a ok sever and run linux on it. can someone give me some pecs that wold be ok but not to much money?

note the sever is to run games over Lan.

allso i know i should be posting this in networking but i hate posting lots of stuff.

i have 3 comps + the soon linux one and my 3 are networked via cables , now can i buy a wireless netwroking thing and link it to my netwokring hub so i can get teh comps across the house into the network with out calbes ?

sorry if thast confuseing lol

note as for the linux comp i couls use all spec's Mb cpu ect.
    and sorry for missspellign the topic i just saw that after i posted

i fu want to build a good gaming server, i would suggest u using a intel setup. but, i am not the intel guy, so here s a AMD setupt ath will do just find with a linux setup.

athlon 2000+
    epox 8rda+
    2x512mb pc2700 ddr ram
    120 gb WD HD
    Nvidia fx5600 (i believe u will need to update the bios cause of the linux thing)
    and any case with a 400+ PSU

that setup cost around 890canadian in my place

(also, i think u should know already, but if u ar running a linux server to play games, u would need to get WINEX. and tha cost 5dollars a month. (US that is)

Comment

I've never used an Intel system as a server mainly as SETI@home bogs them down to much (and I have tried them though not under Linux which won't be far away now) and an AMD server copes very well for my needs for quite a few years now. :devil:

Comment

Working...
      X