No announcement yet.

Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Review (Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Review (Discussion)

Discussion concerning the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Review.

I didnt spring the extra cash to get an Explorer Wireless. Got a Optical Explorer USB and MAN does it glide.

Haven't had any problems at all. Response is great.

I will make a comment on the picing though. I purchased my Explorer USB for US$29.00 OEM when I purchased my GF3 card. I'd say its well worth it to pick up an OEM version if you can manage it.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I've been looking at getting one of these for quite a while, but the only thing holding me back is the slight lag that you get while playing FPS.... I'm bad enough as it is, and if my mouse is going to make me worse, then I don't want one...

Comment

typing with one hand LOL.. dog sitting on lap ATM

in any case, i play CS constantly. the performance of the mouse ( USB Explorer) is unparalleled to any ball mouse I've used. no cursor-lag i was used to with the trackball mouse.

man that only took me 5 minutes to type with one finger...
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
          I've been looking at getting one of these for quite a while, but the only thing holding me back is the slight lag that you get while playing FPS.... I'm bad enough as it is, and if my mouse is going to make me worse, then I don't want one...
          I have the one for both hands and there really is no lag unless you pick up the mouse for faster turns but its probably half a sec or 1...its not major at all...atleast it doesnt clog up and get stuck running from an AWP shot...lol

Comment

I've had a Wireless Explorer for about 2mos and I haven't noticed any lag during games. Unfortunately the battery life stinks. I've had to switch to rechargeables to keep the battery cost down. Normal alkalines last about a month for me.

Comment

I'm using the corded intellimouse explorer since it was released and man it's really the best mouse I used to play FPS games...

Recently I had the opportunity to play a few days with a wireless... mmm... my advice would be to avoid this one... there's a delay between the moment you move and the action. Not only in FPS, when working with my usual apps, I had to change it back to my old explorer because of that delay... For a such price you can't accept any inconveniance...

my 2 cents,
              -Loke

Comment

Working...
              X