Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I even NEED a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe or plain Asus A7N8X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I even NEED a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe or plain Asus A7N8X?

I was going to get the ASUS A7N8x Deluxe Motherboard, but then I got to thinking......I am going to KEEP AND USE my sound (Soundblaster Audigy 2) and video card (Chain tech fx 5600) I already have! So would getting the deluxe version be a waste of money for what I need?? I also only have ONE cable modem and connection, so dual LAN is not needed!Other than that, can you think of a reason why the deluxe version would suit me better? I am leaning tword the ASUS A7N8X -X or just A7N8x (non- deluxe) What do you guys think? My signature has my system specs. Feel free to give your opinions!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

i beleive Delux has SATA, but not sure if the non delux has it or not.:?:

Comment

Its all on personal preference and usage.
      I would look into the different specs side by side and decide for yourself what you can live with and what you can't. Also if the difference of $30US or so is worth getting a cheaper board or not.
      In the long run you might run across something you wish you had, yet didn't have the foresight to see until you need it.

I researched the boards in question and went with the Rev. 2 Del. without hesitation. Although that is >MY personal preference. I am on 3mb cable, wireless setup and don't need the dual lan, or Sata either. Yet I am sure gigabit lan and Sata will be nice when they get giga running, and Sata raises its bandwidth from 150 to 300 in the next year or so.

Regards,
      Chez

PS You can also look into the onboard sound. It might be better to just pull the audigy 2 and use the onboard. They are getting better with every board. If I am not mistaken the chipset is better than an Aud. 2.

Comment

I just had just installed my A7N8X Deluxe a few days back, and even though I dont have any serial HD's yet, I know I'll be using them one day (when the price drops on serial HD's).

As far as the Dual Lan, currently i'm not using it but It's always nice to know that it's there when I DO need it (it has come up before).

The onboard sound.. argh!! I have the Altec Lansing ADA-995 (200 watts 5.1) speakers and when I hooked them up with the onboard sound.. the center speaker would not work and it emmited a buzzing noise(seemed like interference, something not shielded on the connections?).. so to correct that problem, I used the sound card that came with the speaker, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Problem solved!

I previously had the MSI-K7n2L, and there are no features on that board IMO that I'll miss.. the bios on the A7N8X Deluxe are better because the multipliers go higher than 13X (and they actually work as opposed to the MSI K7N2L).

the board is great.. but the speaker problem I ran into with the Altec Lansing kinda sucked.. but no regrets. Like others have said , It's always nice to know that I got the extra stuff when u need it.

Comment

Working...
        X