SM Bus Controller driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM Bus Controller driver

I just reformatted my Hddrive and thus reinstalled windows XP.. Everything came up fine in device manager with the exception of "SM Bus Controller". I have tried my window's disk, mobo disk, and like every driver disk i could find, and i cannot find a driver for this device.

First of all, WHAT is a "SM Bus Controller" exactly, and where can i find a driver to it?

Thx~

Sounds like you forgot to install your nVidia nForce drivers. Though I can't tell you what exactly the SM Bus COntroller, it is only on the nForce boards that I have seen so far. Try downloading v2.03 from the nVidia site and it should fix everything up for you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I tried downloading the nforce 2.03 just now and i cant get it to install for some reason. Right after the InstallShield Wizard does its thing, i get an error message:
      __________________________________________________ __
      "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. IKerenel.exe could not be copied to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine\6\Intel32. Make sure that you have the appropriate privelages to copy files to this folder."
      __________________________________________________ __
      WTF?~ I tried this same driver install on my other computer and i got the same result, and i tried an older version of the same thing on both computers and got the same result. I also had no problem installing the GeForce drivers off my new video card cd, and that uses InstallShield... so whats the deal???~

Comment

None of my PC's has this controller but I think that now would be a good time to state ya full hardware details.

Comment

I'm running an Intel Pentium4 1.8ghz..
          From another post.

U need to download or install the .inf update from intel.

here is the link to the asus download.

Comment

WOW~ that file actually worked! lol.

Thanks for the link man =)

Comment

of course it worked... :D

cheers

Comment

Re: SM Bus Controller driver

I have an ASROCK K7S417GX Motherboard. I have the same controller in my device manager and it fails to install it also.

I have searched the internet for drivers for this controller and so far i have found nothing other than related nVidia card drivers which i dont have, i run an ATI Radeon 9200 256mb card.

Any help you can give me for this would be appreciated, im also loosing sound after around the first 1minute of audio playback each time the pc has booted and logged in... any ideas on that????

Comment

Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

There ya go

Comment

Hi I'm running AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz system. I've look all over for this SM bus controller/ Ethernet controller for my hp. I am unable to run my internet on my main computer without these drivers. Need help! Thank you.

Comment

umm ....not enough information. What motherboard make/model ? Sounds like you are missing the drivers for your system. Go to hp website and input model number from your pc in the "downloads" area.
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Have a hp pavillion a330n w/AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz system. I've been on the hp site and nothing works. What can i do?

Comment

Assuming you are using XP then this page should have all you need: Software & Driver downloads HP Pavilion a330n Desktop PC .

Under the "original drivers" heading grab the chipset drivers and the network adapter drivers. You may also want/need some of the other drivers such as the updated audio driver near the top of the list as well as nVidia graphics driver.

Looks like if you are going to try to install Vista then the driver search could be slightly more difficult as we would have to find out a bit more info.
                          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

before I started a new thread about close to the same issue I'll post here.

System:

WinXP Home SP3
                            Asus M2A-VM mobo w/ AMD 590G/ATI SB600 chipset
                            AMD64 X2 4600+

My system is showing my SM Bus Controller driver to not be installed. I recently encountered a problem with USB mass storage devices after I removed an unresponsive U3 drive. Now whenever I plug in and attempt to access any USB mass storage devices like a camera, thumb drive or iPod the system locks up and forces a reboot. I'm not entirely sure what the SM Bus is for other than low-bandwidth communication and I assumed that meant USB devices and the like. I tried to reinstall my chipset drivers from the mobo support CD but it hangs/locks on the install splash screen. I'm fuggin' stumped :(

Comment

That is your issue, it is in the chipset drivers. You should download a new one from Asus's site and try again.

If it keeps giving you issues, try in safe mode

Comment

Working...
                              X