Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a 1.9 p4

will it not go any higher than 2.09????

v770 case with side window (full of fans)
    gigabite 8SQ800 ultra mobo
    P4 1.9 @2.09
    TT volcano 7+
    512 mb crucial ddr400 (pc3200)
    msi gf4 ti4200 8xagp 128 mb @300\594

is this as high as i will be to go with the cpu ???
    It will be my next upgrade but it will have to do for now.:(

Have ya raised the Vcore any? :?:

Comment

U may also want to set your video card back to regular #'s then try to overclock. After u have maxed out the cpu, then try the video card.

Comment

the Vcore is at 1.8000 or somethin like that it only increases 4 steps its at the 3rd. I will try putting the graphics card back to stock and see if i can get some more out of the cpu that way

Comment

btw the cpu temp is only at around 30 so why wont it go further:(

Comment

I have a P4 1.9 @ 2.1 if it goes any higher it will crash after about 20 minutes into games. I don't think these chips are great for overclocking. There is a lot of luck involved with overclocking. By the looks of things you have a nice setup so I think it is most probably the CPU that is causing the limit on the overclock. :zzz: :hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
              cocotheclown[/size]]
              btw the cpu temp is only at around 30 so why wont it go further:(
              Other than ya video card bein' overclocked it just maybe that the CPU just doesn't have all that much to give but overclockin' involves a lot of luck as not all CPU's (even from the same batch or stepping) will overclock the same.

Comment

well i tried the vid card at stock but still cant get any more from the cpu looks like thats as high as it will go:(
                does any1 have any advice on a good p4 to OVC (when i can afford a new 1:o)

Comment

p4 2.4c will overclock quite nicely for u, up to the 3gig range. u also need a new mobo to use that cpu.

Comment

Yah, def get an 800MHz FSB mobo and a 2.4c or a 2.8c. But you'll need new RAM too (the FSB is 200, the same as your RAM is stock, no good for o/cing). Look into 3500 or 3700. Also, is that a 400FSB you're running on or a 533? I saw a review that o/c'd a 1.6GHz Intel w/ 400FSB to 2.6. That's over 60% o/c, :wow: very impressive, so, if you dont wanna spend a whole bunch of cash right now, you might wanna pick up a cheaper CPU that is known to o/c well, and try your luck with that. Anyways, good luck, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

cant afford a new mobo and cpu.:(
                      It is running on 400 fsb is there not a good 533fsb cpu that will ovc well?

Comment

Yeah i think the 2.5 533 is a good overclocker some people have reached 3ghz with that one. Of course every chip is different but you never know you might get a good one. They're quite cheap those ones as well.

Comment

Its now stable @2.11 on 3dmark 2001 with a score of 10695 but dies on the last cpu test on 3dmark03:(
                          i have upped the pu voltage as high as it will go 1.8750 and its still mid 30's

Comment

mid 30's at 1.875? wow, either you have excellent cooling or those temps might be off, I havent heard of many processors starying that cool at those high voltages. I think 400fsb and 533fsb CPU's are gonna be able to o'c even better now that we have PC3200 and higher RAM. I mean, the FSB is just waiting to be bumped up. I wonder if tweak town could do and "old school" series and bump up older components with the help of newer parts. Would be interesting. Anyways, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

yes mid 30's on speed fan and in the system health in the bios so i dont think they are wrong. I have 2 80mm exauste fans on the back and a dual fan psu, 1 80mm front intake and 1 80mm on the top intake and the volcano 7+;)
                              hdd is mid 30's and vid card is mid 40's

Comment

Working...
                              X