Side banding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side banding

Can anyone, tell me, or point me to an articule that explaines what sidebanding is and how, and or if, you go about enableing it... Thanks.

Sidebanding allows for slightly improved speed, at the expense of greatly increased instability. In 98% of motherboard configurations it's better to leave it disabled ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Thanx dude, I'm looking for a good articule on this. I just upgrade my pc, with the first major upgrade in 3 years. Got rid of an ABIT BX6r2 and built this ATHLON XP box. I had been hearing about sidebanding and was really courious as to what it did, worked, and how you went about setting it up...Later.:thumb: :p

Comment

nobody else?:confused:

Comment

I have really no clue of what it really does but I have heard of people having problems with it enabled, but have also heard that there could be some good performance increases. Why don't you try to enable it with GeForce Tweak Utility or NVmax and see what happens. It is enabled by default on my crappy PC with no problems. I've also heard it's worce if you enable FastWrites with sideband addresing.

Comment

i am trying to disable sideband.

but i dont know how to.

i have radeon 8500 and abit kt7 133a, with th 1200.

when i use powerstrip, i can click the sideband away but then the system hans rightaway.

i cant find anywhere in abit bios ( 17/03 ) newest, anything about sidebanding.

is there a start up reg. or any program that can disable it.

with my old geforce 256 the sideband was disabled by default.
            but wneh i plug my new ati8500 in, then it is enabled by default.

please help

Comment

Wish I could help man, but I still am not real sure what sidebanding is exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by picorama
                i am trying to disable sideband.

but i dont know how to.

i have radeon 8500 and abit kt7 133a, with th 1200.

when i use powerstrip, i can click the sideband away but then the system hans rightaway.

i cant find anywhere in abit bios ( 17/03 ) newest, anything about sidebanding.

is there a start up reg. or any program that can disable it.

with my old geforce 256 the sideband was disabled by default.
                but wneh i plug my new ati8500 in, then it is enabled by default.

please help

What is telling you that sideband addressing is enabled? - is it just Powerstrip?

Comment

It's possible that your sidebanding is disabled by default (even though Powerstrip tells you otherwise) & by clicking the check box, you actually enable it - causing your system to hang

you might want to try a different version of Powerstrip or another tweaking utility & see if it shows sidebanding enabled

Comment

no sisoft sandra says too that sidebanding is enabled

Comment

Working...
                    X