Opinion: What should I do to my case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: What should I do to my case?

Decided I'm gonna get into the Case Modification arena with my new SOHO case. It's an Antec SX1030 case.

What do YOU think I should do to my case? I have access to just about every power tool imaginable being on a military base, so fire away.

I will have some type of lighting, and plenty of fans.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

I've always considered case modding to be an individual event - rather a personal thing.

But I always thought that a truck mudflap chrome girl silhoettes would be a cool shape to use for a window.:thumb:

And a great excuse to break out the powertools as well!!!!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well ya could start here, http://www.coolcasegallery.net/old_ccg/index01.shtml , and see what ideas ya pick up. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
        Decided I'm gonna get into the Case Modification arena with my new SOHO case. It's an Antec SX1030 case.

What do YOU think I should do to my case? I have access to just about every power tool imaginable being on a military base, so fire away.

I will have some type of lighting, and plenty of fans.
        Go with a window kit on the side and a 120mm blow hole on the top...then get yourself 2 Cold Cathode lights and put them behind the grill in front of the case...and get one CC light behind the window to light up the Hardware...

IS the case colored or plain beige???

and i do agree with checking the case galleries

Good luck...and dont put and F-16 Radiator to water cool that sucker...have fun...peace

FiReBLaZR
        :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3:

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
          What do YOU think I should do to my case?
          Do what they said^, then........give it to ME:D

Comment

LOL actually I just wanted to see what you guys thought would be cool to see on a case. BTW, the case is beige. I've already checked a huge amount of mod sites.

My ideas:

Side(access):
            -Air cooled all the way, not doing water cooling (yet :D )
            -Either a rectangular window, a TT logo window, or a personally cut window (was thinking boomerang shape). Depends on how my draw-up looks.
            -92's integrated into a rectangular window, or 60/80/92's seated in the sheet metal.

On the top:
            -handles for carrying, moving (I hate having to bear hug the case to move it LOL).
            -2 80's, or 92's. Mabye a viewing window.

Side(non-access):
            - intake 60's

Front:
            -LCD Temp/volt monitor (DigiDoc 5, something like that)
            -intake: 2x80's

On the bottom:
            -intake fan 80/92 (depends on size)

Back:
            -exhaust: 2x80's, 2x40's

Inside:
            -Cold Cath lighting - 2 colors, on an alternating pulse.
            -UV reactive tubing/colors.

As for the case itsself.. I was thinking of adding some deep blue accents on the sheet metal edges, and the slot access on the rear. Not going to paint the whole thing (yet :D )
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

Comment

There ya go...thats the kinda talk I want to here buddy....lol....welcome your one of us now...lol....

....that was sad....let me go back to continue some downloading....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comment

sounds like a plan Raven, Get to it! and remember to take pics:)

btw....got enough fans there?:eek:

Comment

350W PSU.. NEVER can have enough fans :D :thumb:

Besides.. it's only like 10 fans :eek:
                  Chris "Raven"
                  News Crew - TweakTown
                  <!--
                  <font size=1>
                  </font>
                  // -->

Comment

rofl

i have 3, that sounds inseginificant :afro:
                    TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                      rofl

i have 3, that sounds inseginificant :afro:
                      Not when you consider 10 probably sounds like a city bus going by at 35 MPH :laugh:
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Come to think of it, thats just about the kinda power I want eminating from my comp :)

I use some big ass headphones so I don't hear my computer's grumbles, usually.
                        Chris "Raven"
                        News Crew - TweakTown
                        <!--
                        <font size=1>
                        </font>
                        // -->

Comment

zoom zoom zoom

Comment

HAHA ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Comment

Actually I've got 10 in mine including a 7k YS Tech job but the only fan that's really heard is the 92mm one in the huge dual redundency PSU the case has. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X