Direct X 9, necessary??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct X 9, necessary??

What is the main advantage of having a card with DX9, the games requiring it will work on any other card right??

Am i better tu buy a Ti-4200 and overclock it to a 4600??
    (teel me brands that should be good for overclocking... i like asus!)

BTW what is the ti-4800... clocked more than the 4600???

Or is it better to get an FX-5600 that can do DX9??

Or even an ati?? Ive seen the vga buying guide but i want YOUR opinions!

I plan on using this card a long time!!! Like i did with my TNT2 that i have right now!!!! :o

you can play dx9 games on pre-dx9 cards, you just wont get all the eye candy that you would get with a dx9 card.

Comment

Jees!! A lot of questions!!

I don't think anyone can answer such general questions. Best to go and do some research on various websites. Read reviews, etc. Think about what games you want to run and how much money you are willing to spend.

Basically DX9 cards can run DX9. DX8 cards can run DX9 but won't show the DX9 specific effects. Half Life 2 will be able to run on cards as early as DX6 such as your current TNT2 but you'll surely notice the difference.

There are some cards that have better overclocking potential than others but considering the investment you are making you need to weigh your personal oc abilities against the cost of a video card to determine the risk.

I feel much more comfortable overclocking a $100 CPU than I do a $400 graphics card!

Comment

I made research,now im comparing 3 cards

Nvidia Fx-5600
        Nvidia Ti-4800
        Ati Radeon 9600

They are about the same price, im asking what card will perform more AFTER max overclocking?

This is where i need you opinions!

Comment

I believe a Geforce Ti4800 is a dx8 card. It is just a g4 ti4400 with agp8x. I think also a higher clock. I think the radeon 9600 would be nice because i am not the fan of the fx family except for the 5900 of couse : peace2:
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by syx
            I made research,now im comparing 3 cards

Nvidia Fx-5600
            Nvidia Ti-4800
            Ati Radeon 9600

They are about the same price, im asking what card will perform more AFTER max overclocking?

This is where i need you opinions!
            Ill LYK how the FX5600 does after I get mine, which should be in about 1.5-2 weeks. ;)

Comment

I've heard of positive results overclocking a 9600. ATi cards will overclock usually. Don't know about the 5600.

Comment

Working...
              X