Help wich version?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wich version?????

I want to install a xp cpu 1700+ into the abit kt7a only the problem is that i have to flash my bios! Ok so far no problem but how do i know wich version my motherboard is? Because it says that the bios flash is only for series v1.3! Please help Greetings MySTiCuSS If i don't flash the motherboard it won't support the cpu.

Here is the bios flash:

[ KT7A series v1.3 or newer ]

Filename: KT7S65.EXE
    Date: 11/07/2001
    ID: 65 NOTE:
    Support AMD Athlon XP from 1600+ to 1900+.
    Support AMD new Duron 1G and above.
    HPT 370 RAID BIOS version 1.11.0402.

Does anyone nows it otherwise i can't buy the cpu hehe

Comment

I've never owned an Abit - but with epox boards the Rev. level is silkscreen onto the board itself - usually in the bottom left corner.

Comment

Ok i will check the board i hope it is the right version otherwise i have to buy a new one!

Comment

MySTiCuSS why keep floggin' that old board? :?:
          Go out and get a KT266A based board to put the XP in and some DDR memory so ya can really get goin'. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I want to buy the epox board only there is one problem i don't have money for ddr ram!

Comment

s' too bad they dont make boards with integrated RAM LOL (with expansion slots, of course)

GOD what am I SAYING.. INTEGRATED SUCKS! Unless, of course, you need the integrated for a comp you never plan on tweaking.
              Chris "Raven"
              News Crew - TweakTown
              <!--
              <font size=1>
              <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
              - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
              - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
              - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
              </font>
              // -->
              "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
              X