Sound Please Help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Please Help!!!!!!!!

I am running windows 2kpro on an MVP4 chipset or MVP3 not sure, but I tried to install a PCI aureal vortex SQ1500 sound card. The drivers and everything loads fine but I get no sound. I have the updated 4in1 driver installed that doen't help. I need a patch or something that will end my misery. Please help before I shoot my PC.

Have you tried swappin' PCI slots as the card maybe havin' aan IRQ sharing problem? :?:

Comment

I will try that thank you!

Comment

Is there anything else that it can be? I know there was alot of problems with the sound blaster cards, so is there any thing like that, that could be causing the problem?

Comment

If you are still having problems after that try going to http://www.vortexofsound.com

The page specifically for the 1500 running under Windows2000 is located at http://www.vortexofsound.com/drivers/drv_vawdm.htm

Pretty lengthy set of instructions there for a successful install - probably want to print that one.

Good luck to you disavowed:thumb:
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

The problems between the VIA chipsets and the SoundBlaster cards were ironed out in older 4-in-1 driver sets. I believe that they were fixed at about the 4.31 area. Since the current drivers out are 4.37, this should not be an issue.

Besides, this issue wouldn't effect you anyway since you stated that your sound card is an Aureal model.

Have you checked the manufacturers website to make sure that you have up to date Win2k drivers for the card?
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Unfortunately Aureal went the way of 3Dfx - bye bye.

Vortex of Sound is the site nowadays for all things Aureal, kept very up to date by a dedicated enthusiast. When it comes to drivers and info for keeping these outdated but much loved Aureal cards going, the Vortex of Sound is second to none:thumb:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:snip: neither on of the fixes worked! Any more ideas? Should I delete the drivers from my motherboard sound? I think I may have done that once and it didn't work. Can't remember.

Comment

That would help and make sure that the onboard sound is propperly disabled to as that maybe your problem. :smokin:

Comment

Should I disable it in BIOS? Or somewhere else?

Comment

it is probably in the bios, but if you can't find it there, there might be a jumber on the board that that disables it
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Some boards I've come across need both jumpers and BIOS settings to be changed - so just make sure that it is fully disabled ;)
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

not sure what a jumper is, anyone want to give a breif description?

Comment

Check your motherboard manual as it should have all the details there. :smokin:

Comment

thanx guys. I'll try that tomarrow and keep you posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X