Overclocking rook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking rook

I am a rook at here. Would tell me how to overclock a computer? I am using a AMD K6 500GHz 192MB and Intel P 4 256 SDRAM,,i will try to overclock the AMD first,,,pls show me how to overclock that,,thanks alot!!!

Ok here is the TT AMD Overclocking Guide

And this is the TT Intel FSB Overclocking Guide

But as for your K6 if you have a standard SS7 heatsink on it you won't get far with it. A mid range socket A HSF will be a necessity as they do get hot.

Also you could try increasing the mutlipier to 5.5 which would give you 550 MHz but it's likely to need the cpu voltage upped by .1-.2 volts if it will do it.

Greater improvements to performance would be gained by using the FSB and increasing that to 110-115MHz as this will not only speed the cpu up but also the whole system.

Now a lot of this depends on what changes your motherboard allows so you will have to pull a manual out for it and read it to find which jumpers/swtches have to be manipulated.

But be warned! The K6-2 500 is at about it's limit so you may not get much out of it, but then you maybe lucky.
    Good luck. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

WoW,,their have so much pages to read,,but most all them just tell me the history of the CPU,,but there are really thank alot ..Can u just tell me If i need to Overclock a PC,,,the steps or what things I need to do ,,change the BIO setting?updated somthing?add in somthing? u are nice ,,thx!

Comment

Basically just break out the motherboard manuals (or download them from the manufacturer) and they should tell you how to manipulate the settings. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

To change the BIO settings, you will need a few things.

They call it the BIO settings, because a small amount of BIO-hazardous waste is created when you over-'clock'. Don't worry.. this waste just evaporates into the air and goes up and ruins the ozone layer. Nonetheless, then you will need some thermal paste and a stopwatch to speed up the 'clock' of the processor. Once you open up your computer and unhook some stuff, you should be able to see a clock spinning. Rub some of the thermal paste on your finger (tooth paste will work) and rub it in a clockwise rotation to make the clock go faster. The toothpaste will keep the clock from overheating, which as you know, is a common problem when over-'clocking'

There that should help. You are right by not wasting your time reading page after page of silly technical info, my advice is all you need. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Oh, ya gotta remember though, you've got to leave the computer running when you do it. You can't force the clock to turn when the computer isn't going, so while it does go, all you have to do is spin it faster.. hence making your computer faster..

Comment

LOL, yea sure.. next time you go to apply a HSF, forget the AS2.. use some Crest!
              Chris "Raven"
              News Crew - TweakTown
              <!--
              <font size=1>
              <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
              - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
              - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
              - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
              </font>
              // -->
              "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

what you mean you can't use toothpaste as thermal compound? There goes my whole Thesis for grad school. Thanx guys!!! :snip:

Comment

works both ways - I always brush my teeth with AS III before bed
                  Nothing but the best

Comment

Hey, peanut butter will get your CPU running at a nice toasty 73 degrees C, and will fill your room with the aroma of freshly roasted peanuts :D

Unfortunately, my favorite, Kraft Chunky, cannot be used as a thermal paste because the peanuts often interfere with effective thermal transfer.
                    Chris "Raven"
                    News Crew - TweakTown
                    <!--
                    <font size=1>
                    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                    </font>
                    // -->
                    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

Comment

They sell Kraft products in the U.S.?

They were originally an Australian company, but Phillip Morris bought them out a while ago. Why? PM realises that cigarettes ain't gonna be around forever - gotta have some "healthy" industries to spin a buck from ;)
                      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                        They sell Kraft products in the U.S.?
                        K-R-AFT is huge here. Cheesy mac, cheese.. and more cheese.

Peanut butter, and all sorts of goodies.

Plillip Morris is just as present here as in Australia.
                        Chris "Raven"
                        News Crew - TweakTown
                        <!--
                        <font size=1>
                        </font>
                        // -->

Comment

In 1903 James Kraft started a Wholesale cheese business in Chicago Illinois. USA
                          James L. Kraft opens his first European sales office in London.
                          Kraft establishes a sales office in Hamburg, Germany and Kraft Cheese Company Ltd. is established in England.

Kraft Cheese Company acquires the Phenix Cheese Corporation, maker of Philadelphia Brand cream cheese (introduced in the U.S. in 1880).

Kraft acquires Kohler-Werke of Lindenberg, Germany and establishes Kraft Kase-Werke, G.m.b.
                          Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner is introduced in the U.S
                          Kraft Deluxe process cheese slices
                          the first commercially packaged sliced process cheese
                          is introduced in the U.S. I don't see Aus. metioned in the history .

Comment

Working...
                          X