Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accurate temps

Which temps are accurate?

When I use the temp monitoring program included with my motherboard it reads CPU temps in the 47-50C range.

The Bios temp readings read around 35C.

My newly installed DigiDoc 5 temps read around 33C.

Any ideas out there?

Personally if you've installed the Digital Doc propperly I'd go with it. Software monitoring can at times have it's draw backs and BIOS monitoring has a lot to do with how well the manufacturer has implamented it (Asus being a dodgey lot in this regard at times). :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

You didn't say which chip motherboard you are using.

Intel chips use an internal diode and are very accurate, however some mother boards/software don't do a good job passing that on, and the onboard software does use some resources.

AMD chips use an under the processer diode which isn't all that close and varies widely on indivual boards, same cavets for the software as above ( new ones have a on chip diode but only 1-2 boards use it so far)

Digidoc is great and independent of the MB, but getting the sensor in an accurate spot is tough

I would use both for a while see if you can spot a ratio, between the BIOS and digidoc (you said 2 Âșc difference , is that at idle or full load) and plan on watching the digidoc for info in the long run.

Comment

Working...
      X