Just installed mandrake 9.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed mandrake 9.1

I just installed Mandrake 9.1 on an extra computer I had lying around. It is a celeron 300... really crappy.. thats why it was lying around. This is my first experience with Linux and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what I could with this computer to learn Linux better. It's not on my network yet. So after I installed it, I just kinda left it there cause I didn't know what to do with it heh. Any suggestions would be great. :cheers:

imo mandrake 9.1 is pretty neat piece of linux OS for a newbie.
    if you want to learn linux, start working on it for more and more time. install your network and start using it for internet first of all. once you start doing that you can upgrade yourself on higher frontiers.
    use the links thread we have in this forum for more information and places to find solutions to your day to day problems.
    believe me you will love your experience with linux...atleast i m loving it :D
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Yeah definitely get it set up on your network so that u can use it to check out linux resources, plus for me just getting it setup on my wireless network was a major learning experience Assuming ur on a traditional wired network it should be much simpler :cheers: Go slow and enjoy it, I don't think I'm ever going back to Windows, cept for games of course :flames:

Comment

Try installing a firewall, start using openoffice, get Linux Games!
        That what i will do... eventually!

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll definatly get it on the network soon. Hopefully it will give me lots of trouble so I can mess with it hehe. :D

Comment

Working...
          X