Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer, PSU worries...

I'm new and not quite sure where to post this, so here goes:

I've recently ordered a Shuttle SS51G system from Puget Systems. (Plug- www.pugetsystems.com)

The specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 2.67 ghz
    512 MB PC2700 DDR RAM
    Western Digital 80 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb video card
    Sound Blaster Audigy Soundcard
    Lite On 52x/24x/52x CDRW
    Floppy Drive
    Windows XP Home

Now, I have read that these systems come with a 200 watt power supply. Is this power supply going to be adequate for my set up, or will it give me problems and require me to upgrade. I don't plan on doing a lot of overclocking or mods just yet, and if I do I will certainly buy a better PSU. Is the 200W okay for now however?

Thanks, :cheers:

at that setup, i say is ur going to have some prob with the system.

at ur system, 3o0 is the barely minimal for ur system

also, if the rails in that psu is really off, ur kinda in for a lot of trouble

Comment

You're buying that new from them I presume. So there shouldn't be any trouble with it.
      If you do, just make sure they at least have a 1 year warranty or something.
      Otherwise it should be fine.

Copied from their site :
      Burn-In Process: Your computer system is fully tested for 24 hours prior to delivery. All hardware and software components are tested under heavy load to ensure reliability in the most harsh conditions!

I would also email them with your concerns and see what they have to say.

Chez

Comment

Thanks. On the site it says that they test each computer for 24 hours prior to shipping it, and my computer passed all the tests, so hopefully I'll have no problems.

Edit: Beaten about the burn in process. I'll also email them about it. :afro:

Comment

Working...
        X