Help a newbie plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a newbie plz

I am new tho this Vid card stuff and just have a simple question. I am currently running an HP 1.5 P4 with 512 megs of sdram. I bought a Vision Tek Xtasy AGP G-Force2 MX400 from a friend and I need to know the latest and greatest Driver for it.:afro:

Maybe a link to a place I can get the driver? THANKS

Originally posted by H8tr6
    I am new tho this Vid card stuff and just have a simple question. I am currently running an HP 1.5 P4 with 512 megs of sdram. I bought a Vision Tek Xtasy AGP G-Force2 MX400 from a friend and I need to know the latest and greatest Driver for it.:afro:

Maybe a link to a place I can get the driver? THANKS
    Go to Nvidia.com...but i had problems with those drivers...but u can go to the-cad.com also..just check all those kinda sites...they might have better det's...good luck

Comment

I've had very good luck getting beta drivers from Guru of 3d. Might give them a go. You should get some benefit out of most of the drivers with the video card you're playing with. Most current that I've seen so far are 27.xx series drivers, so just go for the gusto. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

These 2 sites are also good for getting the drivers from.
        Guru3D.com - Your go-to source for tech news, reviews, and in-depth analysis of graphics cards, processors, motherboards, gaming hardware, and software from companies like AMD (Radeon) Intel (Core) and NVIDIA (GeForce). Stay updated with the latest trends and innovations in the world of technology .

Good luck. ;)

Comment

Cool, thanks for the replies. Iwent with the Micron driver (for now)
          ver 2.1.8.3. It seems to wrk well and I got a bench of 5438 on 3d mark 2001. OH well runs Renegade at 1024 x768 quite good. damn SDRAM!

Comment

Originally posted by H8tr6
            ver 2.1.8.3. It seems to wrk well and I got a bench of 5438 on 3d mark 2001. OH well runs Renegade at 1024 x768 quite good. damn SDRAM!

Really? I only get a score of ~2500 with my overclocked MX..... seems a bit high :confused:
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Opps. my bad I was running 2000 not 2001 when I got that score. I am running 800x600 32 bit. On 2001 I got a score of 3551 at the forementioned resolution. My guess is your running at 1024x768 32? I hope so for your sake:eek:

Comment

Just a little note. when people give 3DMark2k1 scores, it's assumed that they are running the benchmark at default (1024x768x32bit)... At this res, chances are you won't get above 3200 with a gf2mx.. The best I could manage was 2700, and that was a fair overclock on the video card...

Comment

Ahh...thanks for the heads up Beefy. I re-ran on 2100 and scored a 2376 at 1024x768x32. :cry:

Comment

that's a little more like it.. running default with mine I'd get around 2300-2400..

Comment

Working...
                    X