Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB with DDR-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB with DDR-II

ok, I registered to these foums to bash this review because it was soooooooooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame..

I can find many things wrong with it. But what the freakin hell is wrong with the people who reviewed this card??????????

Just look at their damn comparison......

They are reviewing a 9800 pro with 256 megs, and in their GAY benchmarks, they had other cards to compare performance. When comparing performance you normally compare "high end cards" or same price range cards, or the predecessor to the successor.

What did they do here??????

They compare the 256 meg 9800 pro to.... not a 128 meg 9800 pro, not a geforce fx 5900 ultra...... but a freakin 9700 pro. Thats not the worst part of this review. The part where they decided to compare the 256 meg 9800 pro to what else but a 5600 ULTRA ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE FREAKIN HELL IS THAT ABOUT????? no where near the same price range, and not even high end like 5900 ultra. This review is jacked and should be thrown into the firey pits of hell for all eternity.....

WORST REVIEW EVER (well the comparison part anyway)

Firstly, this belongs in Publication Discussion, so I'll move it in a second.

Secondly, when doing reviews, a lot of sites basically don't have the resources to compare every card. Reviews are done by samples sent from companies, or what a reviewer can purchase himself. That's it. Unlike a lot of larger sites, we don't have a huge range of video cards to test and compare. To make matters more difficult, the reviewers are spread over the world, so there's little caches of hardware all over the place.

The reviews at least compared to something. You obviously have some idea of how the comparison cards perform, so you still get a fair idea of where the reviewed card comes in. Yeah, it would be nicer if we had the resources to test all the different 9800 Pro cards together, but it simply can't happen. But we still try and do our best.

Comment

God damn you are pissed....your panties must be in a very tight wad by now...

Along with what Beefy said, sometimes cards like that need to be compared together to see how the card performs in the grand scheme of things, NOT JUST vs other high end cards.

Comment

Review of nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra done by TT

we had a review of 5900 ultra as well. what you have to do now is to go and read it and compare the results.
        i agree with Beefy that a reviewer might not have all the hardware all the time. though it is a bit of pain in neck to compare two reviews but you can do that much, can't you? :)
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

look you guys do do good work, I was just hasseling you for a bit. you have great reviews and I understand not having the hardware to compare at the time. But I just thought irrelevent hardware comparing could have been left out....

keep up the other good work

Comment

It was a fair call. It would be nice if we could make everything relevant.

Plus, if we didn't compare it to anything, then we'd get people in here complaining that they don't know how it compares to anything. :)

Comment

Working...
            X