Passwords and home network....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passwords and home network....

I have two computers that I'm trying not to go postal on right now. I can see both computers on both systems but the things keep asking me for a password !!! I don't have any passwords set. I'm the only person using the computers, so I don't need any passwords.
    I'm set as Admin on both computers. Got file sharing set. Set everything I could set to share file and drives.

How do I stop these thing from asking me for a password that's not there??

Thanks

what OS are you using?

Comment

oops...my bad !!! Sorry...

System 1:
      WinXP Pro
      120gb Maxtor
      512 mb Corsair

System2:
      WinXP Pro
      40gb Maxtor
      256 mb Samsung

All I want to do is be able to access system 2 from system 1 and vice versa WITHOUT a password.

Thanks

Comment

did you run the "Network Setup Wizard"? that should do it if you haven't already

Comment

found that one of my names on my system weren' t the same. So I renamed them the same and set them both to Admin. I can get into the folders OK but not the drives. I can live with it for now. I'll just put wha ti need into a folder and go that route.

Thanks for the time and effort....;)

Comment

Go to one of your computers, find the drive or folder you want to share, and right click, "Sharing and Security".

Then once you have it shared, on the other system right click My Network Places and "Map Network Drive" to connect to it. It will show up as an Icon in My Computer and other places that show your drives...it will look like it is on your system and you will have access to it.

This works for drives and individual folders. Also, give each system a different computer name...don't use the same name for both.

I use "WinXP" and "WinXP2".

Comment

Go to Windows Explorer
              Tools
              Folder Optioions
              View tab
              Scroll down to "Use simple file sharing" and check it.

I think that would work

Comment

Working...
              X