X-Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Box

Just saw a couple of tralier movies for X-Box games... and damn don't the graphics look sweet.

A platform that actually has proper 3D explosions! :D

you mean they dont use sprites any more??? completely un-microsoft :P
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

lol.

do you know when it is due to be released?

Comment

I wonder how those game would look on a real comptuer.

Comment

Originally posted by SileNceR
          you mean they dont use sprites any more??? completely un-microsoft :P
          I know, but I'm not complaining :)

Comment

cyrix, it would look like crap

the g3 on the computer wouldn't handle it as fast because of the OS running in the background hogging memory and bios cache...

Comment

Originally posted by Synthetic

March 14 2002 :smokin:

Comment

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Synthetic
                  lol.

Mid next year in Australia - However I've also heard some companies are fully importing them in with mods to be suitable with our power.

Comment

The Xbox rocks! Next year they are in the netherlands and I will buy one!

Comment

Originally posted by aznx
                      cyrix, it would look like crap

the g3 on the computer wouldn't handle it as fast because of the OS running in the background hogging memory and bios cache...

OS in the background or not... I will be happy to put my system up against an X-Box machine. Gimme a game that has been ported over and we'll see. :cool:
                      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                      My Toys

Comment

hmmm...maybe, dunno, but you have to consider that xbox runs @ 480p....not some 1600x1200....

Comment

MMM What sort of vidcard is in the XBOX?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick

March 14 2002 :smokin:
                            If ya want a look inside hop over to www.hardops.com . Their spreadeagle review is very revealing......

It's based on a 733 celly intel

a geforce 2 gpu, specs read very similar to mine.

os is a stripped drown w2k. and people said ya couldn't play effective gaming on 2k.

Darth ya'd kill'm @ idea. Tell ya what I'd like to see is what the w2k version on a dual boot, and a crack'd copy of a couple of the games on my big screen tv via my computer, just to prove a point to my stepson. I'm just finish'n him a new rig based on my old 850 Duron & a g/f 3. It's just BG's X-computer-X rip off, so he can make a point at our expense, again.

:snip: m$.

Comment

What! They were saying a PIII 733 was suppose to be inside the X-Box. Although I did hear a tiny rumor that they downgraded before release here in the U.S.

I dont know what difference the celeron would make instead of the PIII...anyone willing to enlighten me?

I've played a lil of the ps2..its ok i guess. I havent had the chance for the GameCube. I got to hold the X-Box controller at K-Mart but the console wasnt on for a try-out. Controller felt nice,I expected a big bulky one. The clerk up there said he has seen the X-Box freeze on a bunch of ppl....dont know what game. Halo looks nice on the commercials and tv.

Comment

Working...
                              X