My new XP CPU!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new XP CPU!!!

MMM I have bought a new xp cpu the 1700+. Only it is really strange why is my xp cpu GREEN??

That's the color that they are now made in and any brown ones would now be older stock but you really should read the TT Web News as I posted about that change happenin' a few months ago. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I purchased an Athlon XP1600+ for my friend in December, and it was green. AMD are simply trying to get multiple vendors for the CPU packaging in case something happens to one of them. Good redundancy strategy :smokin:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah according to AMD there should not be any brown ones left by March/April. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Did you get
          specifications with CPU. I got and Athlon XP 1600+, but no where on the chip does it give the Volatge nor the CPU Speed. So I really don't know where to begin the voltage since it is on Auto. Can you tell me the factory voltage and CPU speed (meaning 5 thru 12.5 & voltage of 1.100 to 1.850) Thanks.

Comment

As far as I know, the voltage stayed the same (1.75v), and I'd bet that your processor is really marked. Look at the core of the processor and you'll see something like this:

AX1800

This denotes that it is an Athlon processor, XP version (Palomino design), and is an 1800+ model. Yours should start off with AX1600.

Oh... mine was brown. Made week 45 of last year, so we'll see how well it can overclock soon. Still just doing some benching at the moment.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I can run my cpu at a fsb of 150mhz! That makes 1650 mhz! That is a xp 2000!!!!:D

Comment

A very good oc there.

Comment

meh, i can boot my duron 600 with an fsb of 160, mind you, i wouldn't run that for long, 6x160=960 a good oc, but 7.5x133 is better - which it can do too ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X