Trying to burn a video cd of our wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to burn a video cd of our wedding

Hey people, I've been trying to burn a video cd of my wedding, and it hasn't been working. I purchased Photo2vcd, and Nero burning rom 6.0. obviously I've spent some money on this little project. When I try to burn the video cd all that's put on the cd are these files Entries.vcd, Info. vcd, lot.vcd, and psd.vcd. I've waisted three cd's trying to get this to work. I've even tried dvd copy plus, and vcd galaxy. Nothing is working. Hopefully some here can help me. Photo2vcd converts the pics. into mpeg format, that's not a problem, but the burning is. Not sure what's going on. Please help.

USe Nero to do it, as IVe burnt 5or6 VCD:s on iy no problem But you do got to tell it its making a VCD, then after its done just go and pop it in ya DVD player (if it plays VCD)

Comment

Do you change the format to mpeg, or leave them as jpeg? I've tried both, but both just put files on the cd, no video. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please get back to me. And thanks for the reply

Comment

Well yea, when you burn a VCD it all shows as files, it won actually show an Mpeg, or jpeg

Comment

Okay, if it shows as files how do you play it on your dvd player? It won't, been there done that

Comment

Well one, If ya trying to be burn a VCD, the files do need to be Mpeg, also, do ya have a VCD capable DVD player?

Comment

amd_man, in case you didn't realise, he's trying to wants to put pictures as a slide show on a VCD. It's not currently a MPEG file, so it's not as simple as just burning it as one.

wily, I've got some software at home that can do this, but I've forgotten what it was called. I'll post when I get back and let you know what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                amd_man, in case you didn't realise, he's trying to wants to put pictures as a slide show on a VCD. It's not currently a MPEG file, so it's not as simple as just burning it as one.
                :o my fault, I thought he was trying to burn like something taped on a camcorder that was copied to PC. sorry about that m8 :o

Comment

Yes, I have a vcd capeable dvd player. Photo2dvd converts pics to a mpeg slide show that is burnable. suposidly. I have the mpeg slide show, and the mpeg's. Actually it is a movie clip versus a slide show. Beefy Thanks for the imput and I'll be looking for your reply about the software you mentioned.

Comment

PictureToTv
                    Give this a burl, it's very simple to use and you can add music and create different albums on the one cd. It will play it as a slide show set at your own timing rates per picture with different effects added (transition styles).
                    I promise you'll be very happy with it.
                    If you have any problems PM me and I'll give you a hand with it.

Comment

Well, I downloaded picture to tv, and I can't get IT TO WORK EITHER. WOW. I tried to convert the jpg's into mpeg, that didn't work. I tried to burn the mpeg that I had of the pic's, that didn't work. Then I tried to burn the videocd.bin, and the videocd.cue that it put into a file that I chose, that didn't work either. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. This is getting extremely FRUSTRATING. If you know something that I don't about this program, or another one please get back to me. And thank's for the help so far.

Comment

Willy, do you have the pictures on your hard-drive, and are they individual photos?
                        Now if they are on your hard-drive, open picturetotv, down the bottom there will be a screen that allows you to locate these pictures and you will be able to drag them up to the album screen at the top half of the page. There's no need to change the format of the pictures. Once you have selected the pictures you want, you can then add music by clicking on the button that says music and then clicking on the + button so you can locate the music you want to add on your hard-drive. You can also click on effects to add different transitions to all or each photo.
                        Once you have that worked out, preview the album and alter it with different effects until your satisfied with the finished product.
                        When you've made all the alterations, click burn cd and your just about done.

PM me if your still having troubles with it.
                        Good luck.:thumb:

Comment

are u finalising the CD? :?:
                          just a lil thing but i thought i would check
                          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                          Last Updated:
                          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                          ======================
                          jabber : [email protected]
                          =======================
                          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                          yabaa dabaa doo...
                          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Does finalizing the cd make a difference? I know I unticked that option in Nero

Comment

Unless it's finalised it's useless to read until it is and this is the mistake ya makin' (not finalisin' means that ya have more to add to it).

Comment

Working...
                              X