sweet :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet :)

has anyone seen the Sound Blaster Extigy? its pretty much the audigy but External..it plugs in Via USB, and can be used in normal PC's and even Laptops. its weird coz i was havin a convo with one of my mates the other day. and he jokingly said that he wished Creative would make a digital sound card for laptops...2 days later there's a review on one:D ahhh well. i'll let y'all have a look for urselves :)

btw...it looks SWEEEEEEEET:D
    tweak...need any ideas for a new comp?;)

what u think?:D :lips:

Comment

Yes they do look good and apparently sound well too. I've linked a few reviews now on it. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I want to get one for myself first, been considering getting one - They look nice indeed! :)

Comment

that they do. but isnt the Audigy Platinum (internal) cheaper? if so, and u are only using it in 1 pc, the audigy plat would be a better choice. its faster, has more features. and cheaper.. if u're usin it on a laptop, then thats self explan. If u are gonna use it on multiple Pc's/dont need the extra features + have money to burn..and of course. show off value;)..then the Extigy is lookin pretty sweet:)
          ahh well..i'd be happy with either :)

Comment

Also the Extigy hasn't shown up any of the hardware compatibilty problems that the PCI cards have yet either which is another reason to look at it. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yea that was unvieled at CES in early January, we've been talking about them here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                I want to get one for myself first, been considering getting one - They look nice indeed! :)
                or you could email creative's PR person and do a *ahem* review on it ;)
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

i'll do it:wave:

Comment

Hi everybody,
                    I've been using the Extigy for a number of weeks and the sound is brilliant. I have it hooked up to a BOOK II PC with Celeron 733 and 512M RAM.
                    I've had it running for hours daily with Wav files without any problem. I'm using Altec Lansing 885 / 5.1 speakers.
                    I also have the Audigy card but I have not tried it yet.
                    I think it is worth the extra for the EXTIGY as you can use it "stand-alone" or easily connect to a different PC (with USB) if you have a breakdown.
                    The bundled software is useful if you want to make live recordings
                    and for mixing. It's ideal if you like DJing.
                    It's the best option for quality Laptop sound and only costs about $160 US.

Regards from Ballindine, Ireland
                    [email protected]

Comment

Re: sweet :)

Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me hook-up my Creative Extigy Sound Blaster? I tried several ways of hooking the speakers up to it and I still can't get any sound from it.

Thanks,
                      chichow

Comment

Working...
                      X