AGP Aperture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Aperture?

I'm trying to get the most out of my graphics card, the nvidia 128 meg fx. I've gone into my bios and viewed my agp aperture settings and all that is available is 32 and 64, should there not be a setting for 128 since my card is a 128? I'm affraid that I'm not getting the full capacity of my card. I'm running windows xp home addition. I cannot find anywhere in there that will allow me to set the aperture above 64megs. Can anyone help me with me delimma?

Thanks
    ShotGun
    Please email me directly with your assistance.

[email protected] or [email protected]

First of all you shouldn't set your AGP Aperture size below 64MB you disable AGP texturing, so don't set it to 32MB for example. A more accurate description of AGP Aperture size is here.

Next, since for some reason your BIOS is limiting you to a 64MB Aperture Size, set it at that, but note that a higher Aperture Size is unlikely to give you any benefits whatsoever. If you had the option of 128MB or 256MB (which is common), I'd suggest 128MB, however as I said this makes no difference to your graphics performance.

Read the link above to see why, but generally speaking the Aperture Size isn't restricting your performance as long as it's 64MB or above.
    My Machine

Comment

Yeah. AGP Aperature size is the amount of system memory the video card can use for textures when (if) it runs out of its own memory. Typically though with 128mb onboard ram, that won't happen very often. I leave mine at 128mb w/ 512mb system ram. If you set it too high, say 256 for example, and it DOES use the whole 256, then you lose half of your ram for the rest of the system to use.

Maybe a bios update will let you select 128mb instead?

Comment

You guys are the greatest! The link you provided also was a great help.

Thank you for your quick response, I hope someday to be able to repay your efforts to resolve my delemma. As the old saying goes... " knowing is half the battle! ".

ShotGun

Comment

Working...
        X