microsoft downloads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microsoft downloads.

is there a way to save them, so when you clean install you don't have to d/l them again?

edit I mean updates.

If ya know the files that your lookin' for you can go to the Micosoft Download Center and save them from there. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yessir, that's the place - just gather up all you require per OS and burn you a nice CD. Use a CD-RW so you can keep it up to date.
      Makes things really nice at clean install time:thumb:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Would this Microsoft site be a way to avoid having to use Windows Update all together? I would like to stop using that service for fear of Microsoft snooping.

Comment

Well if you know which updates that you require then yes as they are straight downloads. :devil:

Comment

Download the Microsoft Network Security Hotfix Checker(HFNetChk). It checks your computer for the any updates you need and gives the MS knowledge base article number to search, so you can download each update manually.
            This also gives you some updates that the Windows Update site can miss

Comment

Thought this was going to be the answer to my prayers as I reformat frequently. Even though I have cable, it is a pain to download this stuff all the time. Unfortunately, IE, one of the biggest d/l's and pains; is still only offered as the 497KB setup file at this site.....not the 9MB (or whatever) update. Freakin MS!!! Why do they insist on being SOOOOO customer-unfriendly!?!

Comment

Just over 11MB's actually but my cable just eats it up. :?:
                About 5mins start to finish. :)

Comment

Yea...but the real problem is when I do service and reformats for others who do NOT have cable. It would just be so much easier to have a CDRW of everything I need.......as it is now I have one of everything EXCEPT MS's stuff!!!!

Comment

It appears that your definition of customer service is more encompassing than that of M$.
                    They should take lessons from you.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

That probably why I have a spare nic just for these ocassions. :smokin:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:rolleyes2
                        It seem`s M$ in there infinate wisdom
                        will be making CD updates available for the price of postage in the future.
                        As an OEM i`ll keep ya all posted on how
                        this pans out.

:geek:

Comment

Originally posted by Rampart
                          :rolleyes2
                          It seem`s M$ in there infinate wisdom
                          will be making CD updates available for the price of postage in the future.
                          As an OEM i`ll keep ya all posted on how
                          this pans out.

:geek:
                          Well that is nice of them. Bandwidth must be getting expensive...
                          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

The problem with THAT solution is the same one as ALL CD based software.....by the time it gets in your hands it's outdated. When was the last time you used the drivers off the CD for ANY hardware you've installed? I'm always grabbing them before hand or over onto PC #2 d'l-ing the latest version. Additionally, the majority of us have CD burners and broadband....this makes as much sense as asking us to pay (even postage) for the printed version of a manual included on a CD. We'd all just print it ourselves if we wanted a hardcopy.

Comment

Testify brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X