Max Speed on CDRW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Speed on CDRW

Hi i purchased a Lite on 52x32x52 but havnt found any programs that will burn my music at higher then 24 from my harddrive. How do i get it to burn at max speeds.

Thanks

Dre

Most likely your CD-R media is certified only to 24X

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
      Most likely your CD-R media is certified only to 24X
      more than likely that is it, any decent CD burning app should be able to burn at a full 56x

Comment

One other idea, go to My Computer > Right click on your CD-RW > Properties > Recording Tab, and make sure it is set to Fastest

Comment

Are you burning to CD-R or CD-RW. Cause if you are burning to CD-RW media, it usually is slower.
          Just another idea.

Chez

Comment

nope using cdr, couldnt find the section you listed in the propperties.

Comment

To test the speed of your cd-r's, ther is a utility you can download from Nero Called Nero Cd Speed

Comment

Yeah thats it, they are max speed of 24 i guess. What kind of cdr's are the fastest and cost worthy, which do the masters recommend. Also i have lots of mp3's on my computer and want to make cd's whats a good program to make them the right format to play in cd players.

Comment

All CDR/CDRW disks sold in Australia list their burn speeds on them and their packaging and I wouldn't imagine it bein' any different anywhere else.

Comment

Nero is my favorite. If you're burning mp3's to audio cd's though, I very much advice against burning at a high speed as it will probably cause skips. I never burn audio cd's faster than 8x, which still only takes about 6 minutes to fill the cd.

Comment

I always burn at 52X, and all my CD's have been fine(Memorex 52X24X52 burner) and thats with SETI, WInAMP, Trillian and a bunch of **** running.

All CDR/CDRW disks sold in Australia list their burn speeds on them and their packaging and I wouldn't imagine it bein' any different anywhere else.
                      Same way here in the states m8!

Comment

I've seen lots of completely blank Cd's, even have bought a few hundred of them. They tell you hwta they are when you buy, but if you forget, then too bad.

Comment

if you burn a audio cd from mp3 files you shouldnt/cant burn over 24x as nero cant encode the files faster than that.

Comment

I beg to differ, IVe burnt ten or so CD's that were MP3 to Audio at 52X and havent had any problems m8.

Comment

it depends on how fast your computer decodes it at.

try tdk cds, some of the best out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X