PDA

View Full Version : changing boot drives on Asus A7N8X Deluxe??

webe3
09-22-2003, 06:23 AM
What are the exact steps to go into the Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard BIOS and change it to boot from whatever drive you specify? (example: if you want to boot off a bootable floppy, you have to change the bootable drive to a:.....if you want to boot off a CD such as win xp you have to change it to boot off the cd drive.) I need to know these steps so that I can change it anytime I want!

amd_man2005
09-22-2003, 06:34 AM
The second one down, under Standard CMOS setup, soz I cant remember the menus title ATM

Wiggo
09-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Actually it should be under Advanced BIOS Features and ya'll have 1st boot device, 2nd boot device, 3rd boot device and other boot device. Mine are setup as floppy 1st, CDROM 2nd, HDD0 3rd (your's here will likely be either SCSI or SATA with the Raptor) with the other disabled. :beer:

amd_man2005
09-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Actually it should be under Advanced BIOS Features and ya'll have 1st boot device, 2nd boot device, 3rd boot device and other boot device. Mine are setup as floppy 1st, CDROM 2nd, HDD0 3rd with the other disabled. :beer:

DUH! Dont know why I couldnt remember that name :o

webe3
09-23-2003, 02:40 AM
I need the steps to get INTO the BIOS! Do I hit f8 on startup or what?

asklepios
09-23-2003, 03:07 AM
it should show what you need to press to get into setup (BIOS) at the time of boot.
if it is too fast for you to read then press [pause] at the time of boot. this will hold the whole boot process. you can easily read what is written on the screen from there. once you know what to press, hit [enter] key and the boot process will start again.
now hit the key that is needed to enter the BIOS. usually it is [del] or [F2] that is needed to be pressed to enter the BIOS, but i don't know specifically about A7N8X.

Wiggo
09-23-2003, 07:40 AM
It should be the Delete key. :beer: