GeForce3 Ti200 overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce3 Ti200 overclocking

I was just wondering what overclocking speeds people have hit with their Ti200s.

In the Aus oc forums this has been covered in some detail...

Ti500 specs are possible if not a walk in for most - the limit seems to be with the memory at anything over 500 ...

Good luck dont

Comment

Thanks DannyG, I have given that card to my little brother but you are right that they will run at Ti500 specs. I have gotten a stable 240/525.

Comment

kakarot, that is an exceptional overclock from a Ti200 card - you must have very good memory on that card. For those who don't know, here are the specs of the GeForce3 range:

GeForce3 Ti200: 175MHz core, 400MHz memory (200MHz DDR)

GeForce3: 200MHz core, 460MHz memory (230MHz DDR)

GeForce3 Ti500: 240MHz core, 500MHz memory (250MHz DDR)

I have a Prolink Pixelview GeForce3 Ti200, and it doesn't overclock all that well - blame the 4ns Hynix DDR SDRAM (it has a reputation for not overclocking well). Good work! :thumb:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

A lot of GF3 Ti200's are getting around the same clock as the older GF3 by all accounts especially the major brands but there are those that don't plus some some that will get right up there with the Ti500's.:smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have had my Ti200 at the best specs of 250/520 but I dont think it is worth the risk to put the memory above 500 ...

Compare URL

Comment

I have my Gainward GF3 Ti200 at 245/545 stable. It is crazy. That's with standard cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by God
                I have my Gainward GF3 Ti200 at 245/545 stable. It is crazy. That's with standard cooling.
                You must have got lucky with the chip, some OC better than others, good work! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

You must have got lucky with the chip, some OC better than others, good work! :)
                  Actually I don't think so, since Gainward specifically picks out the cards that o/c to 200/450 and sells them as that as default, under warranty, as "Golden Sample". Plus the ramsinks are topnotch, but probably not as good as Tweakmonster's.

Comment

G's, just wanted yall to know my Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 T is clocked at 240 / 520 (core/mem). Mad o/c and I can go more with more cooling :)

in other words I'm saying that the GeForce3 and GeForce3 Ti500 and a waste of money and over-priced enuff as they are - don't go down that road at this moment in time...

and another thing, unless you are really loaded, geforce4's are basically faster geforce3's there's nothing new in them whatsoever (to my knowledge *cough*, please tell me if i'm wrong) and they're not stepping stones, just faster cards.

If you actually look at the pattern they've gone in:

geforce1 - new features + faster card (than tnt 2)
                    geforce2 - faster geforce1's
                    geforce3 - NEW features + faster cards
                    geforce4 - faster geforce3's

so the way i see it, the geforce5 or whatever they name it will be some-what revolutionary....

Comment

Things might have changed now that nVidia has announced they no longer make Ti500's, and are phasing out supplies of GF3's soon. That would mean (in theory at least) that the NV20s remaining are stamped as Ti200s, and hence have "failed" to run at 240Mhz stably.

I recently purchased a card, Leadtek 200TDH manufactured March '02, and have been unsuccessful in clocking it past 235Mhz. Memory (being EltronTech 4nS) has been happy to run at anything up to 525Mhz.
                      Onyx

TweakTown
                      OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                      CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

just looking at wat u guys got and i thought my card must be something special!!!

I got a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti200 128mb version and i got it to 280/510 i dunno what it is but my core kicks u guys :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hotty
                          just looking at wat u guys got and i thought my card must be something special!!!

I got a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti200 128mb version and i got it to 280/510 i dunno what it is but my core kicks u guys :)
                          it's because you have a crystol orb, or so you said in the other thread.

C'orbs are much better then stock cooling, duh!

Comment

Nah i only got a crystal orb on the kt266a chipset! i have exceptional cooling on the graphics card though.

To be exact i got a system fan spinning at 3500rpm on the metal heatsink and on the back of the card i have a storm fan(7000rpm fan that comes with the dragon orbs) sitting rite on the core. Then i have a raiinblower to blow all of the air out of there.

Comment

I was just looking and all u guys got higher memory clock than i do any ideas how i can get mine up???

Comment

Working...
                              X