the truth about Detonator 51.75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the truth about Detonator 51.75

Hi, caught this article and i though you guys might be intersted, especially Nvidia's owners. Read this and draw your own conclusion. I am not a fan of either company. I am a fan of good products... :)

__________________________________________________ __
    3DCenter.org asked Patric Ojala from Futuremark Cooperation a couple of questions about driver optimizations and other 3DMark related things, as well as look at the press version of the Detonator 51.75 drivers. Here's what they had to say about the new Detonators:

Besides this, we have checked the IQ of Detonator 51.75. And we found new "optimizations": Texture stages 1-7 on all D3D games don´t get a trilinear filter, only a pseudo-trilinear (bilinear/trilinear mix). Under Unreal Tournament 2003, texture stages 1-7 are only pure bilinear filtered. Plus, texture stages 1-7 don´t show any anisotropc filtering above 2x on all D3D games. All this in the driver´s application mode!
    __________________________________________________ __

This whole interview can be founded here:
    http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/2003/09-20_english.php

:) :) :) :) ;) :p

OH DEAR.

WHY WHY WHY DO PPL DO THIS< THEY KNOW THEY ARE GONNA BE FGOUND OUT. the phrase "pouring fuel on the fire" comes 2 mind:flames:

Comment

Why is this thread in this section of the forum...shouldn't it be in graphics driver forum or video card section?
      Interesting thread though :thumb:
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
        Why is this thread in this section of the forum...shouldn't it be in graphics driver forum or video card section?
        Interesting thread though :thumb:
        Because some ppl don't know any better but I'll move it to where it belongs. :rolleyes2

Comment

:D
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

rofl @ no higher than 2x aniso in d3d.

Nvidia will never learn will they?

Comment

Playing "Devils Advocate" here but Nvidia never released that particular driver to the general public. In fact it is not even found on most of the usual "leaked" beta sites. To say that Nvidia is cheating again based on a driver that they themselves don't really want the general public to use is somewhat misleading is it not? Wait untill the official driver is released, and then, if they are still cheating, you will have a valid reason to complain.
              Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

great point, dawg. i use those 51.75 dets and the only difference i notice is more fps and better benchmark scores so i guess im happy with them. i dont understand how nvidia is cheating. what did they do exactly?

Comment

You guys need to realize that the 51.75 drivers were leaked and not released by Nvidia as official, as they marked them BETA drivers and said they should not be installed on any system.

Give em some damn slack.

The 52.14 drivers are even faster and run DX9 like they should. Look for IQ improvements when they are released.

Comment

and when do you expect those to come out?

Comment

I'm testing the 52.13 currently but I don't know when Nvidia will release anything officially. It is supposed to be this month though.

Comment

Working...
                      X