Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best mobo...

hi guys,

I had a really big problem with my mobo ( bad bios flash.... what an idiot!! ). It was a gigabyte ga-8stxc ( sis 645dx based). I don't want to change the bios chip and I also think it's impossible with my mobo, so I think I'm going to get me new one; I was thinking of an intel 865pe based mobo because I want to put on it a p4 2.0Ghz (FSB 400Mhz) and then oc . what made is the best: asus, abit, qdi, msi, gigabyte?
    I also want to buy me a new cpu fan , what I want is extreme cooling ( I really don't care about noise ).

thanks

mad_alfred: Here's a couple of Abit Intel 865PE motherboards well worth considering.

AI7
    IS7-G

Comment

wow, that Is7 ... seems real good stuff and doesn't seem to cost very much too.

thanks weta:)

Comment

A warning before you buy the Abit IS7 or IC7 boards, if you plan on overclocking they often have divider issues and memory incompatibilities. Just a warning.

Comment

then it's not for me :thumbs do

I thought of getting an abit ai7 ;is there a better one ( that supports fsb at 400Mhz)? like for instance the asus p4p800.

Comment

mad_alfred: The AI7 and P4P800 have an 800MHz FSB, not 400MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
              mad_alfred: The AI7 and P4P800 have an 800MHz FSB, not 400MHz.
              The 865 Springdale and 875 Canterwood chipsets support 400/533/800 mhz processor speeds.

Comment

Soulburner: What I was just trying to say (rather badly as it goes) is that the predominant FSB on these boards is 800 and not 400MHz, and not that they didn't support the two earlier frequencies you mentioned.

Comment

They support all three front side bus speeds the Pentium 4 processor has come in, 400, 533, and 800 with socket 478.

Comment

Working...
                  X