• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Tuning Guide (Discussion)

Discuss the BIOS Tuning Guide here.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Can you post a printer friendly version? Not very useful in the current format.

Comment

I have a Soyo Dragon Plus Motherboard with a Award Bios,it has an option that says Speed Normal or turbo.I have to use it as normal because if I use the turbo function the computer turns crazy and starts rebooting,any comments on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chackal
        I have a Soyo Dragon Plus Motherboard with a Award Bios,it has an option that says Speed Normal or turbo.I have to use it as normal because if I use the turbo function the computer turns crazy and starts rebooting,any comments on this problem will be greatly appreciated.
        This means your PC is not stable with the turbo settings or one of your components cannot handle the extra speed. Try setting the speed to normal and then tweaking the individual settings listed in the guide.

Comment

I have an intel 850gb motherboard with the standard bios and I don't have many of the options that were in your guide. I've heard that I have to put it in setup mode or somthing like that? How would I do this?
          thanks

Comment

QUOTE:

Boot Up Floppy Seek - If this option is enabled, upon bootup the BIOS will look for a floppy disk drive in your system. If there is no floppy drive in your system, it will display an error message. This is best set to disabled as it will improve your boot time.

There have been numerous reports that win95/win98 wont correctly control the FDD controller if you set this parameter ot disabled.
            It will increase de odds of corruption on floppies dramaticly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacKnight
              I have an intel 850gb motherboard with the standard bios and I don't have many of the options that were in your guide. I've heard that I have to put it in setup mode or somthing like that? How would I do this?
              thanks
              I think you may be confused. Setup mode is another name for the BIOS. Not all BIOS versions have the same options which is probably why you can't find some of them.

Comment

Working...
              X