Hammers demonstrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammers demonstrated

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Yeah and at AnandTech there's a good write up too.

Ha ya's get this one before the the news in the morning. ;)

Comment

I knew you would catch it any way but I thought it topical enough to put in the forums as well as there has been quite some discussion lately around the Hammer and when/how/what etc. I haven't seen the Anandtech write-up yet...will head on over there now thanx Wiggo.

ps (after the visit to Wiggo's link)

Now I know what I've been waiting for.......Hammer looks REALLY interesting and worth waiting for.

Comment

Glad that ya liked but if ya check the news there are a couple of other links there that came in over night. ;)

Comment

what i don't like about the hammer though is that i'll have to buy a new mother board, ram and cpu when and if i upgrade to it.. i'm upgrading in the summer so i don't think i'll be going that route for a few years anyways but still... also i've heard that it's probably going to be pricey...

Comment

That has always been the price of new technology. :smokin:

Comment

The hammer architecture looks extremely promising, if AMD can secure 3rd party support for it then it will succeed greatly :thumb:
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Freshly ripped from AMD's site. ;)
                [b]

Comment

form the sound of all this it seems as though the hammer will be pounding intel into the dust:hammer:

Comment

So far it sounds very promisin' for AMD and not so good for Intel as Intel have been workin' very hard on "Yamhill" which is a late project to try and combat the "Hammer" line. :smokin:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hmmm, maybe i'll save ill the hammer comes out and upgrade my duron :D .......or not as the case will be :cry:

Comment

And once "Hammer" is out they'll announce something else and then will ya wait again? :?:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i wud be waiting to upgrade my duron for eva lol, i cant spend ne money this year on my comp, gotta save to go to india. Oldbugger do you play cs?

Comment

i was getting stuck in that waiting game too. but i figure that it's time for a change and now is the time.. if i wait until next year i'll wait forever

Comment

That's the spirit, go when ya can. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X