monster farms for F@H & SETI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monster farms for F@H & SETI

check out these monster farms they'r crazy, but powerful. kinda gets the creative juices flow'n. they use bare min. hardware,no HDD, system boots off USB floppy,and two mobo's on one PSU.looks cheap to build and lots of power. lots of other neat things too... :thumb:

:cheers:

Nice find.
    I saw the dual boards on single PSU trick before. and I think its a good idea.
    I am in the process of getting all my KG7s in a rack that would hold them all, like in the pics. :thumb:
    Now I have some material to reference to.

Comment

Check Helpful Links for "Farmers.", which in my opinion deserves a sticky. But alas. :(
      :-(

Comment

Thats where I saw the dual board trick before! :D
        Im with you on the sticky :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
          ... I'm with you on the sticky :thumb:
          Thanks. I have plenty more to add, but if it isn't a sticky, what's the point? Tried the same thing in a few other topics, but no luck.

Comment

Nice Find :geek: I.m not that clued up but if I can scrounge old boxes I'll give it a whirl

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
              Thanks. I have plenty more to add, but if it isn't a sticky, what's the point? Tried the same thing in a few other topics, but no luck.
              Consider it stickied :)
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Thanks a million! Will get to work adding more info asap. :thumb:

Comment

amazing what a little whining will do:D
                  But I look forward to seeing more info on the DC arena.:thumb:

Comment

After a little inspiration, I decided to go and look for Rackmount cabinet. is there a down side to havin one?

Comment

I don't actually have one so I can't say for sure, but from what I've read, rack cases, shelves, rails and other accessories are pretty expensive. But if your just going ot be using normal tower cases and just keeping them in the rack, your fine :)
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

You'll just be using it as a rack to hold the boards you have? I think you will find that filling it with 1, 2 or 3U cases and their respective hardware will be cost prohibitive. The cabinet may help to keep things neat an tidy, though.

Comment

Actually what I am planning on is using shelves that are like 1or2U and mounting the mobo to it. I dont need each case to be locked, as the whole cabinet will.
                          Its 42U so I will have plenty of room.
                          btw, Shelves are available for like 20bux. Which is a lot cheaper than the $50 price tag on a good case with decent airflow.
                          Also since the guy Im buying this thing from is in the rackmount bussiness, he has anything and everything that I will need. And is a good hookup too, conisdering that the rack im getting is only 100bux.

Comment

i like the way this one is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by waynebot
                              i like the way this one is set up.
                              :eek: that is awsome, me likes very much :D It would still cost a pretty penny, but that would be some serious cunching power :lips:

Comment

Working...
                              X