No announcement yet.

Another one of those ideas of mine that may never happen....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one of those ideas of mine that may never happen....

Well here goes I was thinking the other day (yeah I do sometimes) that there is no support, advice or well anthing really for Linux in the Hamilton region (not sure about Warnambool but that's to far for me :( ).

So I propose a Hamilton LUG (Linux Users Group) so hopefully then others like me (probly not many though, lets see) will be able to get support, pool ideas have there first taste even of setting up and running Linux.

As I said in the topic though it may never happen but mainly it depends on my motivation and general interest in that area of computing.

So lets get on with it anyone interested?
    Yes for sure
    0%
    Yes for sure but get someone else but CyberMick to organise
    0%
    Yeah but can we incorporate some more general computer stuff along side it
    0%
    No way what the hell are you thinking?
    0%

Go for it. You can never have too many LUGS :)
    p-two.net

Comment

Thanks for the support Bern. Now all is needed is people from around here that are interested :thumb:

Comment

I was researching LUGs in my neck of the woods. There is one in this state, the one in Wyoming is much closer to my house though.

Man, I could use some help heehee:D
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Mr. C but i'm sure that Hamilton isn't "that" far away you could just like ummm... ...take the next plane over couldn't ya :laugh: (0f course I "am" joking there)

Comment

Hey Mick, dunno how well you'll go around here with something like that, but there are people around the area that do know what they are talking about with Linux. You just have to ask some people.. :)

Comment

Hey Beefy, well this is sounding easier/more promising than I first expected if you could tell them about this post or give them my contact details i'm sure we can help the *nix communitiy along just that little bit more.

oh yeah, contact me on MSN for my priority 1 email if ya havent got it.

Thanks in advance Beefy
              :thumb:

Comment

Here's a link to AU LUG's for you.
                http://www.linux.org.au/usergroups/
                p-two.net

Comment

Working...
                X