Leadtek GeForce Ti4200 64mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek GeForce Ti4200 64mb

Do I need that bloody noisy fan that is attached to that card!!! I bought a quite power box, system fan and CPU fan and it's quite when the fan is disconnected from the graphic card.

The main games I would play are UT2003, Elderscrolls, Neverwinter Nights and some others that are much older. (Baldur’s Gate...etc)

So tell me is there anyway of upgrading to a quieter fan for the graphic card or is ok to unconnected it?

Thanks for any help.
    Flunders

You can get much quieter fans checkout zalman. You defiantly don't want to disconnect the fan. even if you are running plder games the gpu still requires protection

Comment

Neil is right!

DO NOT unplug your videocard fan!!

Get yourself a Zalman heatpipe which require no fan at all.
      They are great. :)

Comment

I would triple that.. GFX Card minus Fan = Heap Of Smoking Metal/Silicon

Elder Scrolls isnt an old game and does requite a lot of GPU power.

If want to play even older games ( i mean older - pacman, solitares ), take the fan off... Might as well just give the card away to someone.. lets see... i can take it :laugh: , instead of surely ruining it.

Zalman would be the right way to go, or, if you want a high-end system but still want it quiet, get watecooling for your whole box.

I mean, my system is quite loud.. But for that, i get higher fps, and better feel.

BTW, got my Ti4200 Golden sample... mmmmmm

Comment

Yes I'll looking to this Zalman heatpipe although how good is it? Better than fans in terms of cooling?

Comment

Im sorry, i dont have much time to research that for you, but google it

www.google.co.nz

google is your best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by flunders
              Yes I'll looking to this Zalman heatpipe although how good is it? Better than fans in terms of cooling?
              The Zalman products are made to be silent, not to be the best coolers. They are made without fans to be very quiet.

Comment

Yes I've looked heavily into it and see how amazing they seem to be.

I've just ordered the 'Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler' as I believe that will do the job. Being dead quiet and still keeping it cool!

Thanks again to you all!

P.S. The reason I originally asked if you could remove the fan from the geforce 4 was because my friend removed the fan from his geforce 3 because he read somewhere that is wasn't really required. Whether or not that is true I don't know as I haven't looked into it.

Comment

Working...
                X