ISP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP's

Are any Australian ISP's "Linux friendly"?

what do you mean by being "Linux Friendly"? :confused:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

the internet is the internet, it works with everything. Just make sure your ISP of choice doesn't 'require' any special software to connect (i.e. AOL :thumbs do )

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        the internet is the internet, it works with everything. Just make sure your ISP of choice doesn't 'require' any special software to connect (i.e. AOL :thumbs do )
        I'm currently with AOL, don't laugh,( well you can laugh if you like) and that's why I asked. Please excuse my ignorance on this. Would any other ISP go okay with Linux?

Comment

yes, any normal isp should be fine

but apparently you can even use aol on liunx, according to this guide (but the software they use hasn't been updated in a year). You would probably be much better off with some other ISP ;)

Comment

don't worry whether the software has been updated or not.
            i don't think that AOL might have changed the protocol they use. so whether the software has been updated or not will not be a problem till AOL changes its protocol. the software I use on Linux to connect to my ISP was updated in like 2000 and it still works. do give that guide a try :D
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

OR, i could move ISP's!
              Thanx for the info though. I did read that guide, quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X